Thread: Have you made Friendship Bread?

Have you made Friendship Bread?

I usually do a quick round of news gathering so screened NPR and found this whole writeup on Friendship Bread.
    Years ago, I participated in the Friendship Cake cycle but gave up when everyone I knew was trying to give away the same starter batches as I was and there was a limit on how much cakes my family could eat.

Friendship Bread seems a little different. I make my own bread frequently using my KitchenAid mixer and the loaf lasts about a week. i don't need any more than that.

Still I thought that this was a fun item to post on January 1st.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...-divided-world
    There is a website https://www.friendshipbreadkitchen.com that is loaded with recipes to create a whole variety of breads.
    Have fun and Happy New Year!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Williamsmith
    My aunt and uncle, the involuntary minimalists as I refer to them now, did a version of this in a Mason jar. They couldn’t afford to buy gifts for their nieces and nephews so during the holiday we would get a plate of cookies and a jar of bread starter. That starter would be passed around our family long after the cookies were gone. I can still taste the unique flavor of Aunt Ks crescent cookies and I can see the home decorated Mason jars that sat on the kitchen counter. Just one more fiber of the rope which held my close knit family together. Thanks for that memory, razz!

Thread Information