Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: January Frugals

Danna: I've not been virtuous at all about turning the heat up recently. It was just too cold!
    Took a walk to the library today, first walk in a long time. Sunny and forties felt like spring! Got 2 good books and a movie, but the walk was the best part!

Congrats on your t-shirt score, IL!

Yppej
    DSW sent me a coupon but all the shoes I liked were overpriced. I got DS socks instead.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Steve!!! Guess what DH came home with?
    Twinsies!

It's a comfortable shirt; enjoy it.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    You all prompted me to turn down my thermostat one degree. I was cold when I came back from Texas but I am getting reacclimated. I may yet lower it more at night. It's programmable.

So far this week:

- Was notified by my domain registrar that domain names ancillary to my former business' name were coming up for renewal. I'm keeping the primary domain going for another year in case customers need to contact me. But the others won't be used. Rather than let them auto-renew I'm letting them go. It's not a ton of money, but, hey,...
    - I had lunch with ex-work friends of mine and stopped at an ALDI on the way home. Stocked up a little and picked up some non-perishable finger foods we can bring to potlucks and impromptu gatherings. Less expensive and easier than cooking for them. Asked for the senior discount at the restaurant, too. Again, not much money, but, hey,...
    - Target run for stuff that's been on our list for a while. Dishwasher drying agent offered a Target gift card for buying two. They don't eat bread, the price seemed OK, and there's no expiration date, so I bought two. Another item was hand/foot cream. Too many choices! I left without buying any of that. I saved some money there but it's not really frugal because I'll have to buy something eventually.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Sold items I wasn't using. Now savings account is $900 fatter. Bringing all food to work for some weeks. It's amazing how it adds up quickly. My grocery bill is about $50 a week.

Yppej
    Not really frugal, but I improved the disposability of my money, turning in $12.85 in coins for bills at the bank. There were so many coins in my purse TSA pulled me aside because their x-ray machine could not see through them.

Dinner last night was french toast from a couple of rolls that were in danger of going to waste.
    On Saturday, DH saw a Canadian goose fly into some power lines, sending out sparks and feathers, and then plummeting dead to the ground. Meanwhile at home, we lost power briefly. I told DH that if he had brought the goose home and cooked it, he would have been the king of the frugals forum!

Ha! I actually thought you were going to say you did. Personally, I don't care for goose. It's kind of fatty. The worst frugal thing we tried to eat was a wild duck my brother shot. Mud ducks are named that for a reason. Nasty!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Yppej
    I waited until it rained instead of taking my car to the car wash, got free lotion at work that I will regift, and won a sweatshirt in a poetry contest.

Thread Information