Thread: "What the dying elderly told me"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My NDE occurred when DD1 was born after 2 days of labour. i was haemorrhaging, staff was way short so a student nurse responded to my call and because she saw nothing unusual told me I was fine. I knew I needed help so as Biking Lady mentioned I separated and looked down on my physical body and said "I am going to get help" and became unconscious. Woke up to hear a nurse taking me to the operating room, went unconscious again and revived to hear the nurse yell, "we've lost her".

The next morning the emergency obstetrician came to see me with a stream of medical students. I could hardly see them all as the lights were so bright. I told the OB that DD1 was dead because I had not seen her. I asked why there were so many bright lights. He said there were no bright lights and when I insisted, he turned and ran out yelling for someone to get my DD1 NOW and bring her to me every time I asked. The nurses had thought I was too weak to cope with her.

The Charge Nurse later told me that in all her years of working, she had never heard that OB yell. I recovered enough after 2 weeks to go home but the public health nurse monitored me regularly for some time.

Some years later, I read Dr. Kubler-Ross's book, “On Death and Dying” and understood the OB's response better. Excessive bright lights is often a key sign of the transition between life and death. I did have another baby but it took some prayerful thought to do so. Love them both to bits. I, like Biking Lady, am not concerned about death. It is simply a transition in consciousness to me.

When DH was close to death, I was not fearful for him as I knew he would be forever fine and carry on living. For some time after his passing, i would talk to him in my thoughts - EG, asking how to do something and the answers would come to thought immediately. I still feel that he is close by loving me.

Like Bae, i live each moment with intensity and gratitude, giving of the heart without reserve.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    My NDE occurred when DD1 was born after 2 days of labour. i was haemorrhaging, staff was way short so a student nurse responded to my call and because she saw nothing unusual told me I was fine. I knew I needed help so as Biking Lady mentioned I separated and looked down on my physical body and said "I am going to get help" and became unconscious. Woke up to hear a nurse taking me to the operating room, went unconscious again and revived to hear the nurse yell, "we've lost her".

The next morning the emergency obstetrician came to see me with a stream of medical students. I could hardly see them all as the lights were so bright. I told the OB that DD1 was dead because I had not seen her. I asked why there were so many bright lights. He said there were no bright lights and when I insisted, he turned and ran out yelling for someone to get my DD1 NOW and bring her to me every time I asked. The nurses had thought I was too weak to cope with her.

The Charge Nurse later told me that in all her years of working, she had never heard that OB yell. I recovered enough after 2 weeks to go home but the public health nurse monitored me regularly for some time.

Some years later, I read Dr. Kubler-Ross's book, “On Death and Dying” and understood the OB's response better. Excessive bright lights is often a key sign of the transition between life and death. I did have another baby but it took some prayerful thought to do so. Love them both to bits. I, like Biking Lady, am not concerned about death. It is simply a transition in consciousness to me.

When DH was close to death, I was not fearful for him as I knew he would be forever fine and carry on living. For some time after his passing, i would talk to him in my thoughts - EG, asking how to do something and the answers would come to thought immediately. I still feel that he is close by loving me.

Like Bae, i live each moment with intensity and gratitude, giving of the heart without reserve.
    wow, that is interesting!

What a great thread.

Thread Information