Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Give it a 100 (or 20, or 30) Challenge - January 2018

Give it a 100 (or 20, or 30) Challenge - January 2018

In August 2017, a few of us were inspired by the video at the link below. It's the story of a woman who went to the gym 100 times to try to get herself out of a rut. I saw it when George Takei posted it on Facebook along with the question, "What would you like to do 100 times?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5FkshLcNLQ

Her video was part of a larger movement online called "Give it 100" which, as far as I can tell, is now defunct.

I decided what I wanted to do 100 times was work on my fiction writing at least 30 minutes a day. The times do NOT need to be consecutive. Since I knew I would miss a lot of days here and there, I was aiming to complete my 100 days by January 15, but now it's clear it's going to take a little longer than that.

Others joined in at various points - nswef has been building up to 100 times of a certain number of steps a day and I think is also counting days doing 15 minutes of decluttering. Chicken Lady got 30 days in her studio in November.

Anyway, if anybody else wants to join in for 20, 30, 100 or however many times of something, please do!

My current update:

I completed #79 today.

When I originally set my goal of writing 100 times, I said I wanted to write for two hours at least 10 of those times and for an hour at least 30 of those times. Well, I haven't had any two-hour sessions at all and have had only 9 one-hour sessions. BUT I am on a reduced work schedule for the next six weeks, so my hope is to get those ten two-hour sessions and remaining 21 one-hour sessions in. That will take me past 100 times to around 110 times, which is fine. If I can do that before I return to my regular work schedule on Februrary 19th - or even earlier - that will feel like a good accomplishment. I have a bunch of other goals for the next six weeks too, and I want to give myself space to work on them AND to relax a bit before another busy semester begins.

How's everybody else out there doing?

Steps kind of lost momentum with the holidays and a cold, but I am on day 60 of over 6000 steps. congratulations on your writing!

Awesome! Writing is on my long list, short list is steps, actually i am just tracking what i normally do. Today 17,000! Iam only had a couple under 10K and i can fix those with a couple laps around the park

nswef, I think we ALL lost momentum over the holidays - totally normal! But congrats on hitting 60!

Zoe Girl, 17,000 is impressive!

I'm starting to think about getting a Fitbit ...

Wow Zoe, 17,000...

Feeling a little overwhelmed at the thought of a two-hour writing session (and I have other things I have to prioritize right now), but I have knocked out three one-hour writing sessions the last few days. I'm up to #81.

Yay!!

Hi All,

So my original goal was to do 100 writing sessions, with at least 10 of them being two-hour sessions, at least 30 of them being one-hour sessions, and the rest being 30-minute sessions. Today, I did my first two-hour session. It was hard, but I did it! I've also completed only 13 one- hour sessions, though I've done 69 30-minute sessions.

So the focus for the next month is to do 9 more two-hour sessions and 17 more one-hour sessions. That will take me past 100 times to 109 times (I completed #83 today!), which is fine. I want to complete my goals for the longer sessions, and I'm on a reduced work schedule now, so it seems achievable.

How's everybody else doing?!

That is great ejchase!

and Zoe girl, I am impressed but not entirely surprised. Teaching days are always better exercise days for me. Kids = move!

I wasn’t going to join this thread this month, but I have 66 evaluations to write before Jan 22. (Ideally by the 19th) About 5/day. So if you don’t mind, i’m going to check in for the next two weeks or so.

Sounds good Chicken Lady. Anything to help keep us on track.

Thread Information