In August 2017, a few of us were inspired by the video at the link below. It's the story of a woman who went to the gym 100 times to try to get herself out of a rut. I saw it when George Takei posted it on Facebook along with the question, "What would you like to do 100 times?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5FkshLcNLQ

Her video was part of a larger movement online called "Give it 100" which, as far as I can tell, is now defunct.

I decided what I wanted to do 100 times was work on my fiction writing at least 30 minutes a day. The times do NOT need to be consecutive. Since I knew I would miss a lot of days here and there, I was aiming to complete my 100 days by January 15, but now it's clear it's going to take a little longer than that.

Others joined in at various points - nswef has been building up to 100 times of a certain number of steps a day and I think is also counting days doing 15 minutes of decluttering. Chicken Lady got 30 days in her studio in November.

Anyway, if anybody else wants to join in for 20, 30, 100 or however many times of something, please do!

My current update:

I completed #79 today.

When I originally set my goal of writing 100 times, I said I wanted to write for two hours at least 10 of those times and for an hour at least 30 of those times. Well, I haven't had any two-hour sessions at all and have had only 9 one-hour sessions. BUT I am on a reduced work schedule for the next six weeks, so my hope is to get those ten two-hour sessions and remaining 21 one-hour sessions in. That will take me past 100 times to around 110 times, which is fine. If I can do that before I return to my regular work schedule on Februrary 19th - or even earlier - that will feel like a good accomplishment. I have a bunch of other goals for the next six weeks too, and I want to give myself space to work on them AND to relax a bit before another busy semester begins.

How's everybody else out there doing?