Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Give it a 100 (or 20, or 30) Challenge - January 2018

8. I have 14 left.

Good for you, Chicken Lady!

Posted this:

i am sick. My car died. I got an extension on one class due to technical difficulties and the flu on the part of the person who had to fix the technical difficulties before I can submit them - so, last class due today. Today’s theme: hot tea and evils.

in the wrong thread, but the last 5 evils are done and waiting to upload. Not my problem anymore.

Congratulations, Chicken Lady, on getting the evils done, and I hope you feel better soon!

Update on my situation:

I originally set the intention of writing 100 times, with 10 of those times being at least 2-hour sessions, 30 being at least one-hour sessions, and the rest (60) being at least 30-minute sessions.

I've written a total of 93 sessions.

I've done 5 two-hour sessions (5 more to go!) and 18 one-hour sessions (12 more to go!) and the other 70 have been 30-minute sessions. So in order to meet my goal for the longer sessions, I'm going to keep going to around 110.

My first two-hour session was sort of excruciating. I felt like it was totally too much and I just didn't have the discipline for it. But then I did a stretch of four two-hour days in a row, and it was LOVELY. It's felt so luxurious to just focus and sink into what I'm doing knowing that I have a long stretch of time.

Not sure how many more long sessions I can do this week, but I can definitely do some.

Long story short, I have to suspend work on this goal for 2-3 weeks. I've been neglecting some other pressing responsibilities so need to put those on the front burner for a while.

Current totals: 96 times total (!!!)

20 one-hour sessions (10 more to go!)
    6 two-hour sessions (4 more to go!)

I'm thinking at this point I should be able to complete the last 14 sessions by the end of February, but I'll be out of town for a week and then I have house guests, so it may be March. The important thing is that I finish!

Ejchase, you made really good progress!

i have pretty much written off the rest of January. I have been sick and now have important things that have also become urgent. I am treating what “free” time I have left in the month as an opportunity to start February closer to even.

Thanks, Chicken Lady!

Here's to another big push in February! We do these things as we can. Progress, not perfection.

Day 76 of 6000 or more steps! 15 days this month of sustained 10 minutes or more walking-11 of them at least 20 minutes so I am pretty pleased. It's winter! I'm moving my body.

That's fantastic, nswef! Keep it up!

Thanks ej. I continue to be impressed with the amount of writing you are doing. This site helps me keep at it.

Thread Information