Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Things I managed today

CL, good for you! and great job on that recycled paper.

Found ALL the tax paperwork and did my part of the taxes. Saved us $734 through good record keeping, so I feel pretty good about that.

Congratulations, CL! Indeed something to feel good about.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    The Monday thing was an acknowledgement that in the absence of outside structure, I make decisions that are bad for me - like staying up too late and eating crap. I would never eat crap on a school day (until after 5) because the kids would see me.
    Ahh got it, I have largely self-structured days. Just check the emails, make a list, get as much as I can done before the bell rings and then run programs for the kids. I decide when to start my day, and no matter how early it still seems not early enough. But you all know that.

I do pretty well with self structure, sometimes I wish for a little more outside structure that means I am actually finished with something! I am actually craving a job that you just show up to, work your tail off, and then leave it when you go home with reasonable assurance that you (and everyone else agrees) got the work done. Well I don't think there are that many jobs that pay well and are like that.

When I move on I realize that I have a tremendous amount of self discipline in some ways. Just think what I could do with it in the right context. When I was a stay home mom I sewed all the curtains (roman shades for 10 ft wide window), painted the interior of the house, made all my food from scratch including bread, built up a garden from rock hard soil, wrote daily and completed half a novel. So now to just see what are the factors in what I get done and don't. Went off on my own tangent there!

Zoe girl, isn’t the part where you are running programs structured?

when I was a stay at home mom I read stories and made homemade play do and built blanket forts and played with brio trains and drew on the sidewalk with chalk and fed my kids peanut butter out of the jar and grapes off the bunch, and chunks of cheese and bread and raw veggies and then went off to the park with them leaving the books on the bed, the playdo all over the kitchen table, the train all over the living room floor, the chalk in the driveway, the blankets draped over the dining set, and the peanut butter and bread open on the counter. Then I forgot I was going to have to cook dinner and stayed at the park until everybody was hungry and tired.

Dh was basically the only grown up in the house for years. He would say he still is.

today I did chores and some laundry, cooked breakfast, got some things ready and in the car for tomorrow, and worked in my pottery studio on examples for class. I’m going back out to my studio in a minute.

tomorrow I have a schedule.
    5:20 - up, coffee/reading/journal/internet
    5:45 - pack lunch and make breakfast
    6:30 - milking and chores, finish loading car and organize day
    8:20 - go to food bank
    11:00 - leave food bank early, stop at post office, drive into city for class I am taking, pick up a few items before class
    1:00 - class
    3:00 - class ends, options begin: continue work at class studio?, grocery store?, swim laps?, come home and work on stuff here? (At least an hour of driving at some point to get home)
    make dinner
    do chores
    try to get to bed by 9:00

I did all of the things on the schedule. I decided to come home by way of the grocery store and do some work here after class, but I got as far as restarting the dryer and putting the perishables away. Then I sat down to check my e-mail and the cat decided I need to be a cat pillow for a while.

“ Cat pillow” seems like a good break in the schedule.

Excellent CL.

I did not get to bed by 9. I blame the cat.

I tried for 9 too. The dog has a collapsed trachea and it was really bothering him last night....outside my bedroom window. He's too old to invest in surgery and cough syrup doesn't work any more. We may have to make decisions soon. Honestly surprised he made it through the winter.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I did not go to bed on time, I blame finally setting up Amazon Prime video and Dr Who

Thread Information