Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I managed today

Things I managed today

Or, chicken lady continues to juggle.

i got up at 5:30 made (and ate) breakfast, packed two lunches, did my chores, restarted the dryer, loaded the car and left for work by 8. There was also “dead time” in there drinking coffee, petting the cat, and reading the paper.

got to work at 9. Talked with another teacher about students and planning then taught from 9:30 to 12:15. Lunch break is supposed to be 12:15 until 1, but the first 15 minutes were taken up by a student and the last 5 by the building manager. So all I had ttime to do was warm and eat my lunch.

taught 1-2, spent my 15 minutes break meeting with director about a student, taught 2:15 to 3:30.

had the room cleaned up and was in the parking lot with the car loaded by 4.

stopped at the grocery store. Got home at 5:30, unloaded the groceries (But didn’t put them away), restocked the fire wood (Dd restarted the fire) and made dinner. Ate at 6:20.

partly cleaned up and read by the fire, did evening chores, showered, and it is now almost 9, I am tired, and I haven’t even finished off today (groceries, dishes, laundry)

I want to exercise, keep up with the pottery, and make some progress on my house. But I also want to sit and read. Because I get tired.

CL, that was a pretty full day! I know I was always more tired when others used my breaks, as I looked forward to that time to catch up with myself. This evening you are tired. Tomorrow is a new day.

I am trying to reset my biorhythm. I noticed again this morning that when my alarm went off, I was dreaming, so it is waking me from rem sleep. Before vacation, I had gotten to the point where I was waking in the morning, wondering if I should go back to sleep or get up, and discovering when I checked the clock that the alarm would be going off within about 15 minutes.

also, separately, but likely connected, dh is reading or watching videos (with headphones) in bed at night again. So, I need to bring this back up. Dd2 is staying with us at least until Saturday, so I will probably just tough out the week.

i enjoy the 30 minutes to an hour (depending in part on how tired I am) of waking up slowly with coffee and the paper, my journal, and/or various websites, and sometimes the cat, but I am wondering if there is a better way to get my morning started.

20 minutes on the bike - which would leave me needing a shower and so require morning schedule negotiation with dh who is not a morning person and has trouble sticking to his morning schedule - crosses my mind as a good idea. The bike is noisy, but if I move it into the new basement, it might not bother dh.

my weight is creeping back up since I got home. Implicated are: bad sleep schedule, poor food choices (because I am hungry after school, and then I am in the kitchen and hungry, and by the time dinner is ready I am no longer hungry, but I eat dinner anyway because it is nutritious and social), and lack of exercise.

but as my brother pointed out over break - you don’t lose weight in the gym. You get fit in the gym, you lose weight in the kitchen.

but as my brother pointed out over break - you don’t lose weight in the gym. You get fit in the gym, you lose weight in the kitchen.
    That is great wisdom to have. It will be my mantra for a few weeks to help me stabilize my eating again.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Up at 5:30. Made dh breakfast, (he had lunch at work) did morning chores, a load of dishes and a load of laundry.

Left home at 8:30. stopped at the bank to take care of a bill

Drove down to the public studio to finish glazing 6 pots and pick up my fall work and unsold ornaments (80% sold!) talked with the owner about the school kiln. Bought myself a small new toy (compensation from dh for breaking something).

to school - got there early - short conversation with director, long conversation with other art teacher, straightened up classroom. 12:15-1 Supervision duty, 1-2:15 planning period (planned), 2:15-3:30 class. Cleaned up and out by 4.

Stopped at store to buy materials for class tomorrow. Home around 5:30. Made fire, unloaded car, switched over laundry, petted cat, checked e-mail now 6:15.

i have evening chores and prep to do for class tomorrow. Dd is having dinner with a friend and dh won’t be home until 7:30. Not sure if he will have eaten or if I will eat with him - I am fasting today and so am not hungry anymore (got hungry, but was in places without food and stayed distracted until the feeling passed), but will become hungry when I start eating again so will have to think and eat carefully. I have breakfast planned.

Very full days.

Had soup last night. Ate pretty much normally - neither well nor excessively - today.

another full day, didn’t even do dishes or laundry. Did reapply for my job (have to every January, i’m not too worried.)

very tired. It took two hours for the fire to warm the great room after I got home from work. Even leaving the heat set very low our power bill is going to be atrocious this month. You know you are cold and tired and tired of being cold when you find yourself wondering if you can just give the rabbit an apple and skip thawing the water bottle tonight. (I thawed it)

still, I am warm, and I have a clean, soft, comfortable bed waiting and someone I love to keep me company in it. My food concerns are too much richness and abundance, and I am not even passingly ill. (Knock on wood!) all I really need is to let myself sleep.

So, temperatures are finally improving here. However, it is currently right around freezing and “winter mix” is falling from the sky. The schools are closed, so the food bank is also closed today. Dh is going to go into work late. I have a few “surprise hours” free that I need to use wisely.

this morning I woke up and rode the bike for 20 minutes in its new basement location before fixing breakfast and lunch. The noise did not bother dh and he has agreed to stick to his morning schedule (or at least respect mine) if I want to make that a regular part of my week.

i will need to get into the habit of laying out exercise clothes the night before so I can sneak out of the bedroom quietly.

I feel like I am more productive in the mornings now that I am riding the bike, and I also added swimming back in on Tuesday. However, I am also more tired in the evenings, and I have made little or no time for my pottery and the cleaning out/organizing work I want to do, so I am still struggling to find balance.

the current fitness plan is:
    M/Tu/Th mornings 20 minutes on the bike (but I did 1/2 hour today)
    swim 800 yards Tu/Th after school. (But I did 1000 on Tuesday)

i wanted to do a fasting day every week, but I don’t think that is going to work with the exercising. For now I am setting a goal weight for each week and each day I am not below it - no desserts, unhealthy snacks, or alcohol. This week the goal weight is 148, (after hitting 154 at Christmas time) and I am happy to report that I can eat anything I want (in moderation) at the school poetry reception today. Next week the goal is 146, and then I plan to drop it by single pounds for a while.

i’m trying to eat more vegetables and less everything else.

SNOW DAY!

i didn’t realize how badly I needed a snow day until I saw the notice and felt the tension leave my body.

in the 4 interrupted weeks of class since thanksgiving, I have added 5 new students who need to be oriented mid curriculum, dealt with multiple student absences involving make up/catch up work and requiring a lot if individual planning, had to “reapply” for my job (which involves turning in a rather thought intensive packet of proposed curriculum and scheduling), started evaluations, and had the annual school art show (a big event for me) moved up 6 weeks.

Thread Information