Thread: Packing cubes

Packing cubes

Anyone use these? If so, what brand (eBags look good to me?) and comments as to how they work for you. Worth the money or just another thing to have sitting around”?

I use the eagle creek specter ones. They have 2 sets of zippers so they can be compressed down. Are they necessary? No, but I do find them useful. They keep things organized which is good when you aren't staying just in one place and they keep clothes from sliding around and getting more wrinkled.

If I need them, I use the 2 gallon or so ziplock bags. I did find that if I separate my underwear and socks into separate ziplock bags, I can find them in the suitcases and immediately know whether i have enough during a long trip. The bags are also good for damp items and shoes.

AND cheap.

I use the ziplocks too, they work great!

I use ziplocks as well. If the bag is searched by whoever is in power, it keeps things neat and lets whatever triggered the search be found easily. I've had to repack after a TSA search of my carryon prior to this method. It wasn't fun on the floor of the airport with people around.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

ziplock user here as well. Cheap and have varied uses.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I found ziplocks to be too slippery. Packing cubes are great. The eBags.com ones are good.

I like the Eagle Creek ones. I have three or four, and they work great for me.

Another thing you might consider is this vacuum-bag thing. I put all my dirty clothes in it when returning from a trip, squash it down, and pack it.

https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/p/...ion-bags-large

Thread Information