Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alas, Babylon

I finished this over this past weekend. It was an often heart wrenching but ultimately uplifting book.

The author was clearly a liberal -- but an old school liberal. It is interesting to contrast his liberalism with the leftism of today.

Overall, great book!

I have not read Alas, Babylon but if you like the post-apocalyptic genre, I can suggest Margaret Atwood's The Year of the Flood (part of a trilogy), Cormac McCarthy's The Road, and World Made By Hand by James Howard Kunstler.

I usually get my books rather haphazardly just by browsing in the racks near the door at our small local library and happened to by chance pick up all of these in a short span of time. Interesting to see different takes on the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by mamalatte View Post
    I have not read Alas, Babylon but if you like the post-apocalyptic genre, I can suggest Margaret Atwood's The Year of the Flood (part of a trilogy), Cormac McCarthy's The Road, and World Made By Hand by James Howard Kunstler.

I usually get my books rather haphazardly just by browsing in the racks near the door at our small local library and happened to by chance pick up all of these in a short span of time. Interesting to see different takes on the possibilities.
    I love World Made By Hand! I have still the last book to read. Kunstler is my jam!

I did not realize World Made By Hand is a series! Thanks for mentioning, I'll have to get the others.

Quote Originally Posted by mamalatte View Post
    I did not realize World Made By Hand is a series! Thanks for mentioning, I'll have to get the others.
    I have read all the but last one. Great books!

Thread Information