Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jury duty morning.....

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Bae, if you would read the link you provided, you would see that the article itself states that an expungment in Arizona merely sets aside the guilt - the record is still there and is accessible via background check -not only the original conviction but also the arrest record. These do not go away as the result of a set aside in Arizona - this is something I know as my activism has now branched out into criminal justice reform - something I will be tackling with other activists once my hours are cut way back this April. Rob

PS Came back to add, don't believe me - read paragraph 8 for yourself, beginning with the words, "In Arizona......" for proof. Your own article summarizes this reality that I refer to much better than I ever could. Rob
    I think you aren’t understanding what you are reading. And don’t have a context to evaluate it.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Part of me agree with you - had I been called up and served I could have auto-voted not guilty and spared an individual a permanent criminal record for life - this would be true reform and a very pure form of reform, too. As it unfolded, not a single person from any of the juror groups went upstairs to a courtroom for the selection process the day I served. So now reform via this method was possible - not my fault. Rob
    im sure the victim in the case might not agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    no and noone ever could because what would proof even consist of? If I had data that most of the labor force in various industries was illegal would that be proof or would I have to prove citizens were turned down for the job (the latter is near impossible to ever have proof for). Even showing most of various industries is illegals isn't so easy because employers don't exactly announce that they hire illegals as well that is technically illegal - if one is going to break the law it is generally a good idea not to announce it and even to have fake documents if you can. If anyone has this data perhaps it is the IRS but I don't know how much they share it. My boyfriend does work in the construction industry though, it's no secret.
    so illegals don’t seem to have a problem getting work, but Robs friend can’t get a job because of a supposed petty crime. I don’t understand why his friend didn’t just escape the country and live elsewhere, he must already live close to the southern border.

Thread Information