Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oprah for President?

Has she said she wants a pay cut and to work a lot harder then she has to now?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I would vote for Oprah personally. I can't see her being as bad as who we have now, nor can I see her as source of national embarrassment, both domestically and overseas. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    No. If she had an interest in politics, she should have done what most credible people (like Hillary Clinton) did, and get a little government experience in. She doesn't get a free pass because she's rich, even if her heart is in the right place.
    Absolutely. As much as I hate the idea of career politicians with no term limits, I think SOME qualifications for the job are in order. This whole "I'm-a-celebrity-so-I-can-save-the-world" is getting annoying, frankly. Nothing personal against Oprah.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I never read where O said anything, did I miss it? The morning started with the speech looked like she was setting the stage to run with no formal notice. By evening everyone and brother had been interviewed and sure she was running. Did I miss this?

Without making a study of it I would probably vote for her over any of the other possible candidates that are being hinted at, like Biden or Bernie (but maybe not Warren), and including 45 and any of his his relatives. Hopefully there will be more and better candidates forthcoming, because I don't think she is the one to beat Trump if he is still in the running by 2020.

Yppej
    Jessie Ventura went the entertainment to politics route in the upper Midwest. Oprah might play well with the voters who tipped the scales to Trump in places like Wisconsin.

Williamsmith
    Oprah? Oh Dear God No!

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Oprah? Oh Dear God No!
    She could pull it off. And while I sure as sh-t would never vote for her, I bet she'd do better than ya boy T-rump!

I would vote for her.

Again, did she say she wanted to or was really interested? It all seems like others are saying it?

Thread Information