Thread: it resolved, and very good

it resolved, and very good

Wow, so I was kept waiting until 5:30 today. I did get a text mid-day saying they hadn't forgotten about me and were working on the issue. That helped. After awhile I thought that the longer time was in my favor, if he was going to quickly cancel then it would have been fast. He also referenced his supervisor a lot, I had asked that if he changed anything to my schedule that she be included in the meeting. He knows from the last time that I will involve her. I had kept up by text with him saying that the principal was very supportive of these classes, that I wanted to make sure I was helping to resolve any issues, they could call me with any questions, and we could work together to put students first.

The response was better than I imagined, I started to expect to keep the classes but get the usual shi***y response that included a lot of nit picky stuff instead of actual help. Things like a list of 'make sure you do everything perfect'. It just increases stress when you are trying something new. I actually (don't faint) got a list of things he could help ME with like how I can charge and track payments and get timely invoices. The email also seemed to have a lot of care and attention given to it, which made me feel like I was getting reasonable care and attention for a project that I have worked very hard on.

I am not sure if you all believe in any woo woo stuff but I kept my focus all day. Some of the things you suggested helped a lot. I did NOT do anything wrong in this process. And I lit a red candle with 3 hematite stones around it and wrote a statement of protection (basically I mean you no harm but your stuff is your stuff and it is going back to you).

That is good to hear!

Congratulations!

Yppej
    Virtual sigh of relief.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Virtual sigh of relief.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yay! It sounds like his supervisor is aware that he has a problem and is working with him. So hopefully, he will either improve, or at least leave you alone because he wants her to leave him alone.

Yes chicken, maybe he will just realize i am really good at my job and be aware that i could make him look really good. Also i am starting to get back to where i have been in previous years, being invited to meetings to do some higher level work and crossing over in groupings. Last week i was invited to a working group to develop and test a specific type of parent survey. It was another grouping, the director of our department and our resident phd data person. He actually invited me. I am signed up to do 2 training sessions through another person who manages a set of trainings.

Basically i am feeling like if the rest of the department has my back then he would have a hard time doing much to me as long as i can keep my cool and keep visible and connected.

Zoe Girl, good for you, being able to advance yourself in spite of a poor manager!

Thank you all! I am actually thinking someday I could do some type of coaching on the side (when I have fewer work hours). I think some of these experiences are valuable. Well just musing out loud, I have more ideas than time that is for sure, LOL

Thread Information