Thread: hello all from NH!!!

hello all from NH!!!

I am new here, but wanted to say hello!!! I have gotten away from being frugal/living simply over the past few years but really want to ramp up again!!! This might seem small, but my first "excursion" back into this lifestyle was visiting my local Dollar Tree yesterday (we needed laundry detergent and dishsoap). This particular store has a food (including frozen) section, so I stocked up on freezer items like microwave meals, frozen meatballs, etc. and the entire trip cost me only $14! I saved a bit more after running a load of laundry (we have a building for this with washers and dryers in my apt. complex) and then using my drying rack indoors instead of blowing another $1.50 to dry the load! It dried fine overnight and I put it all away this morning.

Basically I just wanted to say hi! Hope to make this a regular stop in this frugal journey!!! Have a great day everyone!!!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Hi and welcome! I lived the first ten years of my life in Sandown, New Hampshire, not far from the Massachusetts state line. Good to see someone new from New Hampshire here. Rob

Welcome, Stanleykitty!

I visited White Mountains of NH a few years back, to take in the fall foliage. Took a ride up Mt Washington. You have fabulous beauty not far from your door! Stay warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleykitty View Post
    I am new here, but wanted to say hello!!! I have gotten away from being frugal/living simply over the past few years but really want to ramp up again!!! This might seem small, but my first "excursion" back into this lifestyle was visiting my local Dollar Tree yesterday (we needed laundry detergent and dishsoap). This particular store has a food (including frozen) section, so I stocked up on freezer items like microwave meals, frozen meatballs, etc. and the entire trip cost me only $14! I saved a bit more after running a load of laundry (we have a building for this with washers and dryers in my apt. complex) and then using my drying rack indoors instead of blowing another $1.50 to dry the load! It dried fine overnight and I put it all away this morning.

Basically I just wanted to say hi! Hope to make this a regular stop in this frugal journey!!! Have a great day everyone!!!
    two of my friends are moving to New Hampshire from St. Louis, two spearate households. That is 50% of our friend base going to NH! One of them is looking are real estate in Tamworth. The other is going to his family home, but
    I cant remember where it is other than it also is up north.

Welcome Stanleykitty! I am in MA., so we are almost neighbors!

Yppej
    No state income tax and no sales tax should help. Welcome!

Welcome! I have no connection to New Hampshire other than a grandfather who lived in Vermont for several years and an ex-wife from Massachusetts. In other words, no connection Looking forward to your posts here...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information