Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cutting caffeine

cutting caffeine

argh, not the most fun. I went to go to the apothecary that helped me at other times, they make individual tinctures and teas based on your needs, They closed permanently!! So bummed. So I have a mild headache, have one most mornings, and I am working on drinking water. I also got some tasty tea without caffeine, it just makes me angry LOL.

I am also down to low sugar diet again. So far no innocent people have been harmed in my quest for health.

Yppej
    I am going to try cutting down on my caffeine this weekend. With the time change I will get another hour of sleep in the morning. Does anyone care to join me?

Wow I was going to do this a long time ago, I try again periodically. I really tried yesterday and then I started with an afternoon headache. Plus we had popcorn in our program (meaning soda is tasty with it). So I ended up buying a soda and drinking part of it.

I am back on,

When cutting caffeine go very slowly. My doc decaffed me 4y ago as part of resolving a severe cortisol/adrenal issue. Make a small change every 3 days until you are off it completely. I never had a headache, energy fatigue or any symptom of withdrawal.

Gardnr, thank you, I never had an actual plan to cut down. I changed my morning tea to green tea a few days ago which is better for many health conditions. I typically get headaches in fall with the season changes, which means I drink more caffeine to treat them.

After a couple weeks of being super sleepy I woke up naturally at 8 hours today!

I’m going to suggest rooibos tea from South Africa, sometimes known as red bush tea. It’s herbal and totally caffeine free, but it doesn’t taste herbal. I drink a ton of it due to my acid reflex. A friend described it as herbal tea pretending to be a black free. I destest herbal tea, but I love this stuff! You can get it anywhere. Twinings even has it. I drink it with a bit of milk and maybe a bit of sugar. I’m very much an English style tea drinker.

It’s great when you want to have something hot to drink in the winter.

I forgot about rooibos tea! I also get a special tea with no caffeine from Celestial Seasonings. I think you need to go to the store or mail order to get it. I go twice a year to get special teas.

You should be able to get some version of rooibos at pretty much any grocery store. I like the Twinings, but Meijer here even had a store brand that is $1/box less than Twinings!

Yppej
    I put it on my grocery list. Thanks Tradd.

Yppej
    I am weaning myself and even so the headaches are bad. Maybe I should have gone cold turkey and gotten the withdrawal symptoms over in a week.

The rooibos tea is good.

Thread Information