Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: cutting caffeine

Yesterday I bought unsweetened black tea as my next step down in caffeinated beverages. I also avoided many carbilicious foods that tempted me with comfort since my son emailed me the day before my comments (impatience with home repairs) are driving him to move out. I told myself putting on more weight will not make me feel better in the long run.

For anyone giving up caffeine but still wants to experience the "buzz" caffeine provides, look into theacrine. Theacrine (sometimes referred to by the brand name TeaCrine) is a compound found in the leaves of certain tea plants. Like caffeine, theacrine increases energy, and improves concentration and alertness. Unlike caffeine, it doesn't come with negative side effects such as nervousness, anxiety, increased heart rate, or upset stomach.

Theacrine can be bought as a supplement that can be taken in pill or capsule form, or purchased as a powder that can be mixed in any drink (including in decaffeinated coffee). This article has much more on theacrine.

I will go along with the basic purported health benefits of coffee, caffeine and all. I don't see drinking coffee as a health risk; in fact, I think it can be a boon, in moderation.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hs...r-your-health/
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Okay---I might try some o' that theacrine. Yup.

I might give it a try. Rhodiola Rosea is a staple among my few OTC supplements. I get an energy and bit of a mood boost without the caffeine edge, but I still enjoy a daily cup or two of coffee.

I don't drink enough coffee to concern me--maybe an average of one cup and a cup of tea a day, and like Catherine, I think it's benign anyway.

I only drink 2 cups a day so will risk it.

Thread Information