Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
About the coffee maker and guests, I mean overnight guests. Hermann, MO where we are moving is a tourist town and perhaps people will come and stay with us for a festival weekend.

and here is one of the coolest things about Hermann and St. Louis—there is a daily train from STL to Hermann. I can walk to the STL Train station from my house, ride 1.5 hours (exactly how long it takes to drive) and step out of the train onto the main street of Hermann. This is MIRACULOUS in flyover country! I could theoretically walk from the Hermann train stop to our new house and I HAvE actually walked that distance, about 1.5. miles. But if we have guests who take the train we would pick them up in Hermann train stop. Notice here is no “station” just a stop.
We did an art show in the Hermanhof vinyard room right next to the train station one year. It was such a bad show most of us spent the days drinking wine and thinking about jumping on that train. To me that train made Hermann seem like the perfect little town.