Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: January Purge

January Purge

I returned two pairs of boots to a department store yesterday and am in the process of giving away an old broken printer and three printer cartridges to somebody I made contact with on Freecycle. Total for month so far: 6.

Finally packed up the Christmas stuff... still at 3 plastic storage crates, but culled about a dozen or more ornaments for donation as well as broken ones into the garbage. Reused 2 of my now-empty photo boxes as ornament storage boxes, so that leave 7 more empty ones to find a use for or donate.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Good work, Happystuff, on the Christmas ornaments.

I feel like I should count the printer I got rid of yesterday as 20 or something because it's been sitting in our upstairs hallway for something like 2.5 years because I didn't know how to get rid of it properly. I now know where to drop off electronic waste in my neighborhood but am also glad I found somebody on Freecycle who could use it.

Anyway, I also gave away 9 hand-me-downs to a friend's daughter. New total for month: 15.
    Last edited by ejchase; 1-14-18 at 4:29pm.

I took 24 things to Goodwill and returned 4 pillows and a sweater to stores. I know it's weird to count things I bought and returned, but really, one of the big sources of my clutter is stuff I bought, decided I didn't want and didn't return in time or didn't bother to return, so I'm counting it!

New total for month: 44.

Yppej
    Good for you EJ. Our dining room table is cluttered with things DS got for Christmas, doesn"t want, and hasn't returned or exchanged yet. Soon the 30 days will be up for some of them.
    Last edited by Yppej; 1-19-18 at 6:03pm.

I filled my car with stuff for the thrift store and took it today. Just when I think I have nothing more to give I find a bunch of stuff. My wardrobe is getting smaller and smaller as I am just keeping stuff I really like and wear.

I have a donation to the war veterans scheduled for pickup next week. My donation box is pretty full, but I hope to add to it between now and then. Having a scheduled pickup date definitely gets me moving!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Good work, Teacher Terry and happy stuff. Yppej, thanks for your encouragement.

I took 21 bottles of various kinds of old medications to the safe waste drop-off near my house today. New total for month: 55.

Donated 2 books to the library and added a blow dryer to my Saver's donation box.

I didn't count like some of you, but i culled some work/business clothes. Hubby went out to work on a project and I stayed home and had a "me" day. When I was putting the laundry away ( yes, it's all completely done and that rarely happens) I decided the clothes I push aside to put in the ones I actually wear could be let go. You see, I was semi-retired for two and a half years but went back four months ago. All those work clothes I held on to " just in case", well, I'm not using them. To the donation they went. Apparently they won't take hangers, so those went in the garbage.

Thread Information