Thread: Seasonal depression or what

Seasonal depression or what

I am having a hard time as i have shared in the work topic area. And i see that i have made mistakes. Then I realized it seems to be an issue every year about this time. I wonder if it is a seasonal depression, i also think there is a work load surge for me during this time of year. I just know that i get things done with a lot of work but i missed things. Last year I struggled with some work deadlines and things at the same time of year.

Maybe just grasping at straws here so i don't feel even worse

Many many people have issues at this time of year due to temperature, sunlight changes, or just staying inside. Plus you are right in the middle of all the activities and coming down from Christmas right now. You do an amazing amount of work and herd kids (and employees) through a wide variety of activities which gives you daily challenges.

It is your upper management that has real issues. NO ONE IS PERFECT. And being given conflicting info only makes it worse.

We on the outside can only read about the nightmare of paperwork required for Federal and State money which eats into the time to provide programming. It is not just your employment area (education) that is being pushed to produce and produce with no additional support.

Thank you sweetana, I am writing down all sorts of positives I get here. I need that to keep going and be confident looking for a new job.

I get that no one is perfect, and then in the middle of the night I wake up realizing I am not perfect and it seems so overwhelming.

On the paperwork thing, I talked to a daycare worker and they have to track every pee and poop all day. It makes sense just like me tracking all the snacks I serve, many other types of work spend loads of time tracking. I never thought that they may have lots of mistakes as well since we all want to get back to our 'real work', but it helps to think we are in this together.

Maybe you put additional pressure on yourself to be perfect, but so does your workplace and as far as organizations go how mistakes are viewed entirely depends on the organization, some places a mistake is the end of the world , and other places it can be strategized about how to avoid it next time, but it's just part of being human. When at that job you obviously need to adopt to that culture (when in Rome...) and I think you are good at this, but it's also good to remember that culture doesn't say anything global about you as far as a new job.
    Trees don't grow on money

It may be good for a seasonal blue mood to get outdoors one or two times per day, take a walk in the fresh air... maybe untethering from the cell phone. Then before checking messages on returning home, sit back with a quiet cuppa tea.

For several years I had pneumonia every January, finally got a doctor who said "The fundamental fact is that humans get energy from the sun. Lack of sunlight/daylight means you have way less energy coming in, so you must maximize it with high vitamin intake of C and D3." I have done, and continue to do it and it works well for me.

Thread Information