Thread: North Korea in the Olympics.......

North Korea in the Olympics.......

Anyone else finding this curious? Seems like such an abrupt turn-around. Or maybe South Korea has always been more interested in opening up talks with N.K.?
    Just seems curious to me. I hope there aren't ulterior motives for having a team in South Korea..........??

The Kims have always been a sporting family. I understand the present Dear Leader's father hit five aces the first time he picked up a golf club. The son was a master yachtsman by the age of nine.

I predict the North Korean team's performance will be all the more amazing given the shackles they will be wearing to prevent defections.

Good for all of them. Best to know you enemies.

I would like to bump this threat up again. I just don't know what to think. Part of me has thought "Maybe South and North Korea CAN come together......as long as the U.S. stays out of it and quits with the harsh rhetoric. then again, maybe it does make sense to force North Korea to quit making nuclear weapons, considering how crazy KJU has seemed. then on the other hand, I am really suspicious of North Korea. One news person the other day asked if maybe some of those N.K. athletes would defect. I have the feeling they've been warned if they did, any extended family they had would be killed.

And I suppose the distrustful part of me wonders if some catastrophe is being planned..........with no concern of North Korea's own athletes..........like maybe they're just a necessary sacrifice. ??
    What do you think? I just wish Trump and Pence would shut the hell up with any posturing during these games.

Cathy, I don't think that today's younger South Koreans want to join North Korea as the costs of doing so would bankrupt the South Korean economy. The older SK may still have family connections that mean a lot to them. The two parts are so far apart in so many ways.

It is important to remember that East and West Germans still seem to have a way to go to be see themselves as one nation and that is after how many years and billions of dollars invested?

NK may want to regain some credibility as a nation in Asia along with their nuclear capability.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Interesting, on the news this morning, they had an interview with an older North Korean athlete who had defected in the past, and the North Korean gov't, in retaliation, sent his brother to work in a coal mine..........so I'm sure there would be pain and suffering for any of the families of athletes who would defect.

Thread Information