Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Policy Due To Sexual Harassment Mania......

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I suppose this could happen...
    It is happening, and to those who are innocent of any wrongdoing, also. Society does not seem to care about this,however. I find myself unable to forgive society for this - that it's acceptable for innocent men to have their lives ruined based on a false claim/allegation with no proof of such required for consequences to be doled out. Under these conditions, even as a gay man, I am not truly free and the Constitution really means nothing. At least society has clarified that one for me, I guess I owe society a Thank You (no real snark intended) for making this much clear. Rob

Yppej
    If all workplaces had surveillance cameras then we would know the truth of any allegations. If there were rumors about someone like Lauer for years, management could have done that and seen for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Rob:

Here are my suggestions for the only two bags you will ever need.

REI Ruckpack 40 and REI Stuff Travel Daypack.

You will love them!
    UL - I'll google these and look into your recommendations here, Thanks! Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    If all workplaces had surveillance cameras then we would know the truth of any allegations. If there were rumors about someone like Lauer for years, management could have done that and seen for themselves.
    Agreed, Yppej. I don't overall care for this level of surveillance but society is such that now such is a good idea. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    It is happening, and to those who are innocent of any wrongdoing, also. Society does not seem to care about this,however. I find myself unable to forgive society for this - that it's acceptable for innocent men to have their lives ruined based on a false claim/allegation with no proof of such required for consequences to be doled out. Under these conditions, even as a gay man, I am not truly free and the Constitution really means nothing. At least society has clarified that one for me, I guess I owe society a Thank You (no real snark intended) for making this much clear. Rob
    This schtick is tiresome, you do go on and on.

While it is always too bad and even maddening when innocents are caught up in
    the witch-hunt du jour as is this current ME TOO campaign, the bottom line is that Women Are The Victims more often than not in the sexual harrassment game. Not men, not even gay men, not folks from low socio -economic classes, not your usual victim cadre. No, it is women. Too bad you cant recognize that and are going off on a weird tangent.

Your hyperbole is astonishing as in “I am not truly free” and “the Constitution means nothing.”
    I bet many thousands of women have felt that way with true (not made up) cause over the actions of their male partners and acquantences.

Rob, your thinking has really become black and white. You are spending your time worrying about stuff that is unlikely to happen. Your life seems to be on the upswing between getting married, your promotion, etc. Allow yourself to enjoy it. Sure there is social injustice and it concerns me as well as cruelty to animals, etc. But there are many wonderful things happening too. I choose to focus on the good things and use my volunteer work to make things better. Only worry about what is in your circle of influence.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    This schtick is tiresome, you do go on and on.

While it is always too bad and even maddening when innocents are caught up in
    the witch-hunt du jour as is this current ME TOO campaign, the bottom line is that Women Are The Victims more often than not in the sexual harrassment game. Not men, not even gay men, not folks from low socio -economic classes, not your usual victim cadre. No, it is women. Too bad you cant recognize that and are going off on a weird tangent.
    IL,have I not repeatedly stated that I don't believe all claims/allegations brought forth by women are bogus? Please look back over my prior posts if you would - I believe I have made this stance clear.

Once again, my main issue here is that innocent men are suffering as there is no burden of proof required for allegations/claims against men these days - at least not for claims of sexual harassment/sexual abuse. Until such a day that there is some way to filter out legit claims from false ones, watch more and more men walk away from women and fatherhood and soul crushing long-houred corporate torture......it's already happening now. I don't know how earning men's fear and distrust long haul is going to help women or society but.....this is what it is. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    IL,have I not repeatedly stated that I don't believe all claims/allegations brought forth by women are bogus? Please look back over my prior posts if you would - I believe I have made this stance clear.

Once again, my main issue here is that innocent men are suffering as there is no burden of proof required for allegations/claims against men these days - at least not for claims of sexual harassment/sexual abuse. Until such a day that there is some way to filter out legit claims from false ones, watch more and more men walk away from women and fatherhood and soul crushing long-houred corporate torture......it's already happening now. I don't know how earning men's fear and distrust long haul is going to help women or society but.....this is what it is. Rob
    i dont know what you mean by “no burdon of proof.”

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Rob, your thinking has really become black and white. You are spending your time worrying about stuff that is unlikely to happen. Your life seems to be on the upswing between getting married, your promotion, etc. Allow yourself to enjoy it. Sure there is social injustice and it concerns me as well as cruelty to animals, etc. But there are many wonderful things happening too. I choose to focus on the good things and use my volunteer work to make things better. Only worry about what is in your circle of influence.
    Hi TT. I would agree on this one my thinking is black and white - I don't see how it could not be, given the givens. Though I am not a likely victim of a false claim/allegation (the gay card can come in handy every now and then LOL) the fact that innocent men are having their lives ruined......if I don't do at least something about this, am I not as guilty as society is for allowing such to happen, and also as guilty as those making false claims/allegations are? At least to some extent for turning and looking the other way?

Sometimes I wonder if I wasn't born in a hospital but rather at some kind of protest or rally or march in the 1960's.........but the birth certificate does state at a hospital. Rob

Rob, I think you are a good person with a good heart but worrying to much about things you can't control is bad for your health.

Thread Information