Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Policy Due To Sexual Harassment Mania......

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    There have always been sick woman that claim men have raped them when it is false. Nothing new here. Unfortunately, some men have spent decades in prison for a rape they did not commit. Most of these men are black not white. Fortunately, DNA testing has helped innocent people get out of prison. That being said many woman are raped and their rapists go unpunished. You want a perfect world and that exists nowhere. My DIL is from Poland which is a beautiful country with free healthcare. Guess what her life is better here. The opportunities are better, their standard of living is higher, etc. Many people can't just pack 2 bags and leave. WE own property, have jobs, families, friends and things we value about this country.
    Rob himself hasnt left with his two bags, let us not forget that.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rob himself hasnt left with his two bags, let us not forget that.
    That day will come, IL, and when it does, I'll be sure to PM you before I post here.....not out of snark but because I genuinely believe you will be happy for me. We are thinking of Queretaro, Mexico, or perhaps the Phillipines (very easy to live there as with a US passport you can keep renewing your tourist visa on and on and on every month for three years, at which point you have to leave the country for 24 hours and then can start all over again renewing very month for three years), and at reasonable renewal fees - at least at the moment,anyway. Rob

Mexico and the Philippines are both bastions of civil liberties and human rights. Should be great places for MGTOW-types to settle.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Mexico and the Philippines are both bastions of civil liberties and human rights. Should be great places for MGTOW-types to settle.
    I'm not exactly MGTOW, bae......being gay I don't quite fit the demographic, especially since my relations with women are obviously not going to be of the same nature as a straight man's IYKWIM?

That said, I find it absolutely enraging that a man can be arrested based on a phone call from a woman with an ax to grind.......and have his life ruined with no proof necessary. I realize this will NEVER happen, OK? In my world, this risk is worth both a $1 million payout to any man willing to leave the US and help with the legal paperwork/formalities required to start over in another country. This risk is truly that unacceptable and intense - I see it as even more of a risk and even more insulting to human dignity that the lack of socialized medicine in the United States and/or the lack of any real check and balance over the powers of police. This one is even worse to me, and what is good about this (if anything) is that it's successful men that are the most vulnerable....just the kind of men of whom other countries would tend to be open to accepting for permanent immigration. I guess every dark cloud does have a silver lining.........Rob

PS.....came back to add bae, exactly how does America (or any other English speaking country for that matter, I wish to be fair here) come across as a "bastion of civil liberties and human rights" as you put it - given that a man can be arrested on the mere word of a woman to the police, with no proof necessary and a permanent arrest record as a result, even if said man is eventually cleared? Only to find that the accusing woman suffers no consequence at all? Please explain how under these conditions America is "a bastion of civil liberties and human rights." I'm all ears and eagerly await your reply. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by lmerullo View Post
    I agree with the policy re: witness, but don't think it's new. Perhaps new to your org, but something I've been adhering to for many years as my role in HR would require. We always had a witness whenever there was a meeting / warning / write up all the way to firing. Did not matter the sex of any of the parties.
    Agree that this has been the routine for some time. I had one employer who was behaving foolishly. i asked for a meeting to discuss the situation. He carried in a brief case which was most unusual for him and laid it on the table between us. Being that he was fascinated with the latest technology, I was certain that there was a tape recording our conversation. He never advised me that there was a tape playing. I was so calm and professional in my responses to his questions regarding my concerns, that he abruptly stopped the meeting and adjusted his behaviour in the days following. A witness would have helped maybe but the tape was a help as well.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Rob:

Here are my suggestions for the only two bags you will ever need.

REI Ruckpack 40 and REI Stuff Travel Daypack.

You will love them!

Dude, the USA affords us a crap ton of civil liberties. And I intend to help keep it that way! I am a card-carrying/donating member of the ACLU -- and you should be too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Dude, the USA affords us a crap ton of civil liberties. And I intend to help keep it that way! I am a card-carrying/donating member of the ACLU -- and you should be too!
    But not enough civil liberties to hold terror at bay in the 80056.

And what is wrong with you, anyway. You should be quaking in your boots at the idea that some female can flippantly acuse you of the worst and you are dragged into jail, held against your will, money gone, life ruined.

Run. Run while you can with your two bags.

And what is wrong with you, anyway. You should be quaking in your boots at the idea that some female can flippantly acuse you of the worst and you are dragged into jail, held against your will, money gone, life ruined.
    I suppose this could happen...

But not enough civil liberties to hold terror at bay in the 80056.

Run. Run while you can with your two bags.
    It's happening every day all over America, IL. I will grant you that some men that find themselves in this position deserve it - certainly not all claims are false and certainly there are less than angelic men out there - my Father, for example.

OTOH, men are also finding themselves in this position that are totally innocent due to the lack of proof necessary after making such a claim against a man. There really seems to be no way to filter out bogus claims from genuine ones, does there? Under these conditions, men are at risk. Plain and simple, and I am categorically unable to deny this and look away.

Other than being ready to run at the drop of a hat, what other options do men truly have under these conditions? (assuming of course a given man in this situation is a victim of a false claim/allegation - once again, I understand that not all claims/allegations are bogus). Rob

Thread Information