A new policy trickled down to me that I must abide by in my new role and this is a policy that I actually approve of. Effective as of today, should I need to write up or giving a verbal warning to temp staff (I don't have the authority to fire and I'm glad about that) I need to have a witness from the Banquet Staffing Service present. I also am strongly discouraged from having private meetings or discussions with any staff member without a witness going forward.

I completely understand the reasons for this and the realities that drive these types of self preservation, but.....is this what society has sunk to? Color me depressed and unimpressed on this one - but I'm glad for this policy anyway. Of course I have two bags packed at all times to flee for reasons I've went into time and time again, no need to repeat the reasons behind that at this point - though I will say that as a gay man who has never engaged in any sexually harassing behavior with either sex - it seems more and more prudent in the current legal and social climate to have two bags packed at all times and to follow the new work policies I have been directed to follow.

Thoughts anyone? And has anyone out there been given new policies to follow in the workplace recently due to this new social and legal climate? Rob