Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Government shutdown threads

Our Government shutdown threads

Do we need to talk about the gubmnt shutting down? Maybe not, if we just rehash these old threads:

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...ment+shutdowns

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...ment+shutdowns

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    You are so right. Same old same old, with a few of the major characters changing.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Happy Federal Government Shutdown folks........realistically I don't see this shutdown impacting me personally but I know someone in the 85006 who went downtown just yesterday to the post office to apply for a passport.....they couldn't renew through the mail as their passport was lost in a fire. Now they are living in fear of long delays and being vulnerable to the American Health Care Industry....i.e., no passport, harder to pull off medical tourism (though I recently posted as to how I was allowed to cross back into the US from Mexico at the Nogales Port of Entry with only a Arizona State ID Card, though I believe I was very lucky).....at any rate this person is crawling with fear which I find completely understandable. Rob

I think there must be something in the water of the 85006 if needing to wait for a passport is making someone crawl with fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I think there must be something in the water of the 85006 if needing to wait for a passport is making someone crawl with fear.
    No, not really. It's just that this person does not qualify for Medicaid and has too many bills/financial obligations to afford an ObamaCare premium these days in Arizona and without a passport, it's problematic to flee/offshore health care to another country. I'd be crawling in fear too were I in this boat and I totally empathize and understand. Rob

PS And just to be clear, it's not waiting the normal length of time for a passport that is problematic, it's waiting for a potentially much longer time for the human rights afforded by a passport - in this case, access to affordable health care elsewhere - because of the government shutdown.

Perpetual aggrievement and fear do seem to be the defining factors in Rob's descriptions of the 85006, although I suspect it's an exaggeration.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Perpetual aggrievement does seem to be the defining factor in Rob's descriptions of the 85006, although I suspect it's an exaggeration.
    No, not really. What you have in the 85006 is a lot of fed up people calling America out for exactly what it is and attempting to hold America accountable for what it is. That's all. Of course, seen through the lens of lower income individuals. Rob

If we are so bad why are so many people from other countries including Mexico coming illegally all the time? It is for a better life than the one they have.

If we are so bad why are so many people from other countries including Mexico coming illegally all the time? It is for a better life than the one they have.
    Wasn't there a statistic recently that showed more U.S. citizens are going to live in Mexico than there are Mexicans coming here? I think so, the emigration patterns have flipped.

Factors such as
    1) The Trumpster’s loug postering about illegals and what he’s gonna do to them
    2) incresingly good economic environment in Old Mexico

are driving this change.

My favorite politican said that a recent study by one of the thinktanks identified 700,000 people worldwide who would emigrate to the U.S. if allowed in. We take, what, 100,000 each year?

If the stream of Mexican illegals and other illegals from south of our border dries up, we will not lack in immigrants from other countries who wish to come in. They may need more support from the taxpayers, however. Without the family systems in place now like
    Mexicans have, pulling in refugees and etc from war torn places will not provide the instant worker force we imagine we need.

Thread Information