Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dental X-rays

Quote Originally Posted by enota View Post
    One time I bit into an incredibly hard apple and damaged my tooth. It was loose. I went to a "dentist" (well respected, highly recommended). After a BATTERY of xrays (not ONE OF WHICH HE EVEN GLANCED AT), he said. "We'll have to remove it".

I said. UM.....no......I'd like to save the tooth.

He said. "It's not worth saving".

(thinking to myelf) Excuse me? Isn't this MY TOOTH we're talking about? I'd like to at least TRY to save it you bombastic bastard.

The correct answer would have been.

"Yes, I understand that you would like to save your tooth. I'm sure there are several things that we can try. I certainly cannot guarantee the outcome, but I am happy to do what I can".

Or perhaps

"There ares many different options to choose from. Some are more expensive than others. Let me get some information together for you".

NOT "THE TOOTH ISN'T WORTH SAVING".
    Now that I have back tracked and looked at your other posts..... You are becoming your husband .... As my horse trainer of 28 years has said " you become what you are around" Dump the Chump and look past your life of the last 20 years and you will see things much more clearly .... Please trust those who are there to help you. If this tooth was peridontally involved, it's not worth saving it . Dump The Chump and you will find your life amazing
    Last edited by boss mare; 3-9-18 at 11:42pm.

Actually, it was a dental assistant who did the adjusting and it still doesn't feel right but better at least. Wondering if the dentist could do a better job. Oddly, the opposing tooth is what hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Actually, it was a dental assistant who did the adjusting and it still doesn't feel right but better at least. Wondering if the dentist could do a better job. Oddly, the opposing tooth is what hurts.
    That's 'cuz it's taking a beating! I had a tooth filled once, and it had to be filed down for the same reason.

I've had that, too. They might need to file down the hurting tooth as the crown can only be filed down so much. Keep going and nagging and telling them it hurts.

Thread Information