Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Help: What would you do?

Oh Catherine, so very sorry for your loss. That was very fast, you couldn't have know just how fast it would be.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Catherine, your picture of how pet care forms the fabric of our lives is a good one. We miss them so much when they are gone because we cared for them physically. The active routines of care bond us.

One of the rescue dogs we adopted was a big lumbering grouchy female. She wasnt cute or happy or especially interactive with humans and I didnt bond with her until I started giving her eye care. She needed special treatments and visits to a special veterinarian, and that time together out of our normal routine (and away from our other three dogs) caused us to become closer. While she will never be one of my favorite dogs of memory, I did learn to appreciate her uniqueness.

Mothers who have chronically sick children talk about how their relationship with the sick one is different than with the healthy ones. All of the care routines for sick children builds such a strong bond.

Thread Information