Thread: Help creating new folder to move pictures into

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help creating new folder to move pictures into

I have a million pics on my computer. I want to pick certain ones out and move them to a new folder. Any easy suggestions on how to do that? I'm not too bright with stuff like this.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I have a million pics on my computer. I want to pick certain ones out and move them to a new folder. Any easy suggestions on how to do that? I'm not too bright with stuff like this.
    Thanks.
    right click on your desktop (or where ever you want the folder) and select "new folder"

you should be able to just drag the photos into the folder.

I have my photos automatically uploaded to Google. It's very easy to go to Google Photos and select which ones I want to put in different albums - a lot faster han on Windows. (Though I wouldn't be surprised if there is an app or something to make the Windows process easier.)

On macOS High Sierra (10.13), you can Command-click the files you want, and then right-click. The first context-menu option is "New Folder with Selection (n items)". Might work in Sierra or even earlier; takes a moment to try it.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thanks everyone. DH showed me how. I wasn't going to ask him, since it takes him forever to explain things.........and it did.......but now I know how.
    Thanks again!

Thread Information