Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bae.......tsunami?

Bae.......tsunami?

I hope you and others on the West Coast are safe from the tsunami.

Thinking the same as CathyA. Hope everyone is safe.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Sounds like they have down-graded/cancelled some of the warnings.......so that's good.

I was shocked to see a tsunami warning for Seaside Oregon, where my kids took me to the beach (and where I had the best clam chowder I have ever had.)
    I guess you do not think of these happening here. I am glad warnings have been downgraded and cancelled. I imagine Bae has had to prepare as though it might happen, which has to be extensive on an island like that.

Sounds like much of the info was sort of slow getting to the news. Right before they said the tsunami was down-graded, they said that the tide was receding in Alaska......which usually foretells a tsunamic......but I'm glad it didn't get as potentially bad as expected. What happened in Japan a couple years ago was just totally unbelievable.
    I wonder if some of the earth-events that have happened recently area all connected........like the volcanoes and earthquakes. I'm sure they must be connected. I hope it quiets down.

A friend's daughter was caught up in it, and texted her from the top of a hill overlooking the ocean. Talk about a pearl-clutching moment...

Of the 139 people who died in the 1964 earthquake in AK (9.2), 5 died in Oregon and 13 in California in the tsunami. Most had gone down to the beach when it was unsafe to do so.

There is constant activity along the plates around the planet.

When I was a child and lived on the coast, we had a tidal wave (tsunami) warning once. We trooped up to the second floor and waited for the all clear signal and a whole bunch of people bundled up their children and headed to the beach to watch the destruction. Darwin in action.

sweetana.........I remember that earthquake. We had an acquaintance to who lived through it. I never heard of the tsunami that came after it. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    A friend's daughter was caught up in it, and texted her from the top of a hill overlooking the ocean. Talk about a pearl-clutching moment...

Thread Information