Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sewing again, it's winter

When Fabric.com delivers I am making two new with yoke, collar and pockets with coordinating colors and matching scarfs.

Bikinglady, these are so cute, and look comfy and practical--love the one in oatmeal, and you could layer a long sleeve tshirt under that in a bright color. Now where do you find this neat pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    These are snazzy!

Flowerseverywhere, what a gorgeous quilt! Wow, so many pieces! I admire your diligence!

I have several unfinished projects I vow to finish this year. I tackled one this past weekend (a table runner) and it's 90% done. I have a fence rail quilt to finish the top of, then I'm taking it to the shop for quilting. It's about 50% done. when I'm done with it I will post a photo. I also buy kits for table runners and some jelly rolls and precuts from Craftsy.com.

When that's finished, I would like to sew up some knot fabric I've stashed from fabric.com---some straight pull-on skirts for summer and some knit tops.

I also have a few small projects on my to-do list which I haven't started, a flannel/minky cowl, and some placemats and napkins. I like doing quick gifty things.

Outlier here, I hate JoAnn's with a passion. Maybe it's just the ones in my area aren't well-managed, but they remind me of walking into my teenagers' rooms when I walk in there. Chaos.

There is a lovely Fabric Depot about 10 min. across the bridge in PDX that I visit when I want to feel my fabric.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    When Fabric.com delivers I am making two new with yoke, collar and pockets with coordinating colors and matching scarfs.
    very classy projects. Look great and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Not a garment but my latest sewing project. Currently 66” square. Getting there. These are Farmers wife blocks in a set I made up

Beautiful!!

Flowers, my two neighbors Quilt along with 3 other sisters of her's. I saw yesterday they were at her house in the afternoon. I joked and said the underground stitch and bit** are there talking about the women march they all went to this weekend. How fun. I was offered to be the 5th sister, but I do not think quilting is me, looks like a great attention span is needed!

I made a pair of Tights yesterday. So simple and fast! I got the pattern off indiesew.com a digital pattern for under $3. coupon at Joanne's for the fabric. So far less than if I had bought winter tights. I felt "hooked' to this hobby yesterday! Here is the issue at 3 am as I sit thinking not sleeping, I was ready to go order a yard and half of a few colors to make biking tights/capris or shorts for under skirts, then it hits me I am not a lady with lots of clothes. WHY would I need several colors? But it was fun I tell myself! Oh hobbies!

Best part of this winter passion is I am not reading the crazy news at all now, the time I would have spent on my down time surfing I am sewing in my quiet place in the house. I love it.

Last night I quilted some magnolia leaves. They turned out not so great, unsuprisingly! Haha.

I am making a floral design for my garden club study group today and our assignment is leaf manipulation techniques. I will say this, I have never seen leaves sewn and quilted before. i think this technique will be a hit with my colleagues even if the end result needs improvement.

IL,
    That does sound lovely.

Thread Information