Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

I'm about 3 episodes into the 2nd season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime. I'm really, really enjoying it. The fashions are swoon-worthy!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Geila
    I'm on a free trial for Showtime and just watched a bunch of Homeland. Wow, fantastic performances by Claire Danes and Damien Lewis! Very high-quality show.

I also watched some Ray Donovan, and it's a good show, and Ray is a hottie for sure, but I just can't watch it. Too much violence, too much awful humanity, too much sadness. I feel depressed during and after watching it.

Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates, Jr. on PBS. The new season just started.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    I'm on a free trial for Showtime and just watched a bunch of Homeland. Wow, fantastic performances by Claire Danes and Damien Lewis! Very high-quality show.

I also watched some Ray Donovan, and it's a good show, and Ray is a hottie for sure, but I just can't watch it. Too much violence, too much awful humanity, too much sadness. I feel depressed during and after watching it.
    I watched Homeland thru the East Germany season and it was very good in some seasons and not so good in other seasons.Personally, I thout the season that took place in the middle East was fantastic.

I think we watched thru 2nd season of Ray Donovan.it was good, may go back to it, but yeah, there are a lot of violent men in that show.Ray is a good fixer. His father is a piece of work. This show has a unique story in the oh so familiar Los Angeles setting.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I watched Homeland thru the East Germany season and it was very good in some seasons and not so good in other seasons.Personally, I thout the season that took place in the middle East was fantastic.

I think we watched thru 2nd season of Ray Donovan.it was good, may go back to it, but yeah, there are a lot of violent men in that show.Ray is a good fixer. His father is a piece of work. This show has a unique story in the oh so familiar Los Angeles setting.
    I haven't seen the East Germany season - I started at the beginning and there are soooo many episodes per season! And yes, Ray Donovan's dad is something else, and probably the reason I stopped watching. He triggers me. I don't want to see what he will do (and is already doing) to his sons, especially Ray's two brothers who are very vulnerable.

I liked the first few episodes of Barry.

Next up is Homecoming. I read that it's a fast-paced show but the first episode was pretty slow for me.

Yppej
    I started watching the series on R. Kelly but have to take it in small doses, it is so heartwrenching.

If anyone here is in a relationship where you are being controlled, and have to ask permission to do even little things, please get help. It will not get better.

Surviving R Kelly was a hard watch for me because I was in a similar relationship in my young years without the benefit of him even being a super celebrity. It happened so slowly that I didn't notice and then when I realized how ominous and dangerous it was I was so fearful to get out because I didn't believe I would be allowed to. At least he went to prison for many years.

We are late to the party but have been watching Schitts Creek. Makes me giggle.

Project Blue book on History--the story of J Alan Hynek.

I just finished the most recent seasons of Brooklyn 99 and The Good Place on DVD. I've been glad to see the return of good-natured comedy after so many years of dominance of "cringe comedy," typified by shows like The Office, which I found completely unwatchable.

Thread Information