Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I used to work with a woman whose 2nd husband married her to get to her daughter. What a mess that was.
    Abducted in Plain Sight is a documentary. The Pedo in that show didn’t have to marry anyone to get to the children. All he had to do was to seduce both parents and then tell them blatantly that he needed to sleep with their daughter, their young daughter, in her own bed for many nights, because his therapist said he needed to.

And they let him.

Unfking believable. But it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Abducted in Plain Sight is a documentary. The Pedo in that show didn’t have to marry anyone to get to the children. All he had to do was to seduce both parents and then tell them blatantly that he needed to sleep with their daughter, their young daughter, in her own bed for many nights, because his therapist said he needed to.

And they let him.

Unfking believable. But it happened.
    Yikes--that makes truth of the old chestnut therapist=the rapist (if true).

We just finished Indian Matchmaker on Netflix. An interesting process for sure. I love the interviews with long married couples of arranged marriages.

I let myself get sucked into The Haunting of Bly Manor on Netflix. I don't generally do scary movies but perhaps it was the manor setting and time period. Watching Queen's Gambit now and liking it thus far. Seems like many streaming shows with episodes devolve after a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    We just finished Indian Matchmaker on Netflix. An interesting process for sure. I love the interviews with long married couples of arranged marriages.
    I loved Indian Matchmaker!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Yikes--that makes truth of the old chestnut therapist=the rapist (if true).
    I doubt any therapist told him that.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I loved Indian Matchmaker!
    Me too! I need a new season and some follow up!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

‘ K I am calling it: The Queen’s Gambit is the best dramatic production on television for 2020. It is airing now on Netflix.

Strong, smart, but flawed female lead beautifully acted. Script that does not fall into the usual tropes ( orphaned girl finding her way in life and the usual does NOT happen to her.) Sets that are astonishing, and almost distracting, in their perfection. Stylish period clothing. Beautiful cinematography. Perfect scoring.

A first class production all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I let myself get sucked into The Haunting of Bly Manor on Netflix. I don't generally do scary movies but perhaps it was the manor setting and time period. Watching Queen's Gambit now and liking it thus far. Seems like many streaming shows with episodes devolve after a good start.
    The Queen’s Gambit is based on a 1983 novel by Walter Tevis, one of my favorites, that is strong throughout. I may even own this book, cant remember. I buy VERY few reading books.

We just took a deep dive into Resurrection Ertugrul on Netflix. It is Turkish with subtitles but so well done and if you liked Vikings or The Lost Kingdom you would probably like this. The production values are amazing and the fight scenes are very well done. I'm learning a lot about the culture. Surprisingly PG but sultry at the same time.

Thread Information