Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    I'm about 3 episodes into the 2nd season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime. I'm really, really enjoying it. The fashions are swoon-worthy!
    We just started it last night. The night before we watched a truly depressing, unsettling horror movie (Heredity), so I made DH allow me to watch something light last night. I've been wanting to see Mrs. Maisel anyway. I thought it was adorable! I do love shows like TMMM and Mad Men that indulge my nostalgia for the 50s and 60s.

I'll continue watching it, as the first two seasons are free on Prime.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    We just started it last night. The night before we watched a truly depressing, unsettling horror movie (Heredity), so I made DH allow me to watch something light last night. I've been wanting to see Mrs. Maisel anyway. I thought it was adorable! I do love shows like TMMM and Mad Men that indulge my nostalgia for the 50s and 60s.

I'll continue watching it, as the first two seasons are free on Prime.
    Hereditariy was unsettling because Tony Colettes performance was truly excellent and believable

Somehow, somewhere, don’t ask me how, I have missed the entire 6th season of Veep Which I can now see on a streaming service, so I am really happy about this little surprise.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 1-20-19 at 10:40pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Hereditariy was unsettling because Tony Colettes performance was truly excellent and believable
    That’s true. It was.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

IL, it's wonderful. I especially liked that Catherine inherited all of Meemaw's money and Selena has to ask her to money--their relationship is the funniest and best part of the show for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    IL, it's wonderful. I especially liked that Catherine inherited all of Meemaw's money and Selena has to ask her to money--their relationship is the funniest and best part of the show for me.
    While I like seeing how the crew does in the aftermath of The White House, I think Season 5 where they manage to take Selina’s election through all of the hoops described in our Constitution is one of tv’s all time best seasons.

Cafherine is a scream, agreed. That actress does such a good job. She is Keifer Sutherland’s daughter in real life. They ALL do a fabulous job. The writing is great and the acting takes it up a notch.

I watched bits of the first season when Selina had the youngsters as her advisors, and I honestly think this show got better with the depth of characters when they added boomer to her staff. Ben, chief of staff, and the numbers guy (Ken?) add soo much color and they are so believable. And then the actor that played Tom James was just perfect.

I'm watching The Smiley Face Killers on Oxygen. It's a five part series, and next Saturday will be the final episode. I've followed the phenomenon of "young man, usually athletic and college-educated, goes out with friends, gets separated from them and turns up dead in a river some time later" since I knew it was a thing. I used to live at the confluence of two rivers and partied a lot, and this scenario never, ever happened. I knew two young men who died after drinking--both were hit by cars. This is a real mystery.

Quite liked the first season of “The Umbrella Academy”. Ellen Page’s character kind of rubbed me the wrong eternal-victim way, but I think that was intentional. Some great music choices, and who doesn’t enjoy a comic book discussion of free will?

Yppej
    60 Days In.

Sunday we were snowed in, so I took a "veg out" day. Watched all 4 episodes of Salt Fat Acid Heat on Netflix. Samin Nosrat is a chef who worked at Chez Panisse. She takes us on a world-wide journey to teach us about the wonders of these four necessary parts of cooking and how and why they impart flavor to our food. She is passionate about good food cooked well.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information