Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Fun fact: It was revealed on Henry Louis Gates' Finding Your Roots that Larry David is related to Bernie Sanders.
    Oh no! Hahaha.

Season 3 of Succession is very good. They kept up standards of previous seasons, and even though it’s hard to see how many times Kendall gets beaten down, he continues on.

What happens in the background in the show is always key support material. A casual watch doesn’t reveal what’s going on, but repeated watches plus commentary I read on Reddit points out so many interesting things.

The producers used Adrien Brody in a key role in mid season, and then later he appeared as an extra in a background scene. Only Succession would use an Academy award winning actor as an extra. Insane balls.

I can take or leave a lot of the PBS Masterpiece productions, but have especially been enjoying "All Creatures Great and Small". I think they must have just released season 2. I stream it with my PBS passport. It's sort of visual comfort food.

I am obsessed with Billions now. The characters and the actors are amazing. I resist binge-watching because I don't want to run out of episodes.

The producers used Adrien Brody in a key role in mid season, and then later he appeared as an extra in a background scene. Only Succession would use an Academy award winning actor as an extra. Insane balls.
    Billions has a pretty impressive list of cameos, but I don't know if any of them are Academy Award winners. However, I am developing a crush on Damian Lewis who plays the ruthless hedge fund titan. I'm also moderately obsessed with Asia Kate Dillon's character, Taylor Mason.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm with you Catherine. I love Billions. We just started season 5 last night.

I may give billions another try in some months when I have succession out of my head. I watched an episode, maybe two, but couldn’t get into it. My friend said it takes more than two to get into.

Damian Lewis is surprisingly seductive agreed. He recently lost his real life wife to cancer, also an actress.

I binged After Life with Ricky Gervais last night. Left me in a bucket of tears.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

Damian Lewis is surprisingly seductive agreed. He recently lost his real life wife to cancer, also an actress.
    Yes. Very sad. It must have been very difficult for him to leave her to come to the US to shoot those later episodes. For that reason, he is not in Season Six and I'll be interested in seeing how good the last season is without Axe.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I enjoy "All Creatures" too. Just comfort like someone said, or distraction. I was dog-sitting over the past few days at daughter's house. She has every conceivable channel, so I clicked up Hulu and started watching "Only Murders in the Building." God, I love Steve Martin. Got through about 5 episodes and now home so I probably won't see the ending, but it doesn't matter. I was sufficiently entertained by him and Martin Short. Selena Gomez was a pleasant surprise, too. I think she does a good job.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yppej
    90 Day Fiance, which this season has a little person on.

Thread Information