Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    My understanding, after doing further Googling, is that the DNA found was possibly a mixture and likely resulted from the underwear manufacturing process. I haven't found anything alluding to a full or partial ID of a perp.

So I'm sticking by my original assessment.
    This was an independent review done by outside experts, not anyone directly associated with the original investigation. There was agreement among them, though, that the local Boulder police a) did not manage the crime scene or investigation well, and b) became fixated on the family as suspects to the point of not pursuing anyone else. I wish I could remember what channel aired it, but if I find it again I'll post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I’m watching Call the Midwife. It’s one of the very few programs I try to catch live.
    Same here. One thing I love about this show (and British TV generally) is that they are not squeamish about any gynecological stuff. Call the Midwife has addressed things like female genital mutilation, self-induced abortion, thalidomide babies, mixed-race issues, etc.

Disclaimer - we have never had cable. If it doesn't come over the rabbit ears - we don't get it. And no foil on our rabbit ears! I was bit taken back this past week with all the hoopla over Game of Thrones. My DW watched some re-cap on all the previous seasons - just in case you had missed something or didn't want to look like a total idiot at work Monday morning.

DW began to tell me what she watched - and I had to stop her after 1. Dragons, 2. Incest, 3. Over the top violence. Sorry, just no interest in that kind of TV. The few clips I have seen are all dark, literally. Maybe it is easier to film in the dark - especially for a period piece, but I just don't like style of filming.

I'ts funny. We have cable or we don't see our college FB games or many NASCAR races. The series we like most are on local TV stations. Cable has plenty of crap and I won't pay even more to get movie channels. And Game of Thrones? I'm with you Greg44. No thanks to dark shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    This was an independent review done by outside experts, not anyone directly associated with the original investigation. There was agreement among them, though, that the local Boulder police a) did not manage the crime scene or investigation well, and b) became fixated on the family as suspects to the point of not pursuing anyone else. I wish I could remember what channel aired it, but if I find it again I'll post it.
    I know you are not representing the experts’ point of view but I am skeptical that outside experts on this Ramsey case would be able to have anything but theories. They can’t get their hands on the DNA to perform their own testing, they don’t have standing in the law-enforcement community to take evidence and examine it. At least that’s my take on it.

And there is no question at all that Boulder Police botched important aspects of the investigation and evidence disappeared on the crime scene with so many people milling about. That was known from day one.

And I'm guessing a random Hispanic murderer wouldn't have stopped to write a ransom note that at least one handwriting expert has identified as likely Patsy's. How would he have known about John's "good Southern common sense."

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    I started watching The Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin last week. I'm enjoying it very much. Comedy, sadness, an insight into crazy Hollywood. I think Alan Arkin is especially good.
    I am binge watching this and I love it!

I'm watching some of the NBA playoffs. Go Blazers!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am binge watching this and I love it!
    Thanks for the recommendation, IL and beckliz! DH and I like watching episodic shows like that, and we've run out. We went through Downton Abbey a couple of years ago, last fall was spend binge-watching MadMen, he watched Ozarks on his own, and we both have been following The Man in the High Castle--which is great, but too long in-between seasons. We just finished Season 3. Season 4 has been filmed but God only knows when they'll release it. I think they're saying the fall.

I think we would both enjoy The Kominsky Method.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation, IL and beckliz! DH and I like watching episodic shows like that, and we've run out. We went through Downton Abbey a couple of years ago, last fall was spend binge-watching MadMen, he watched Ozarks on his own, and we both have been following The Man in the High Castle--which is great, but too long in-between seasons. We just finished Season 3. Season 4 has been filmed but God only knows when they'll release it. I think they're saying the fall.

I think we would both enjoy The Kominsky Method.
    Oh you will enjoy it, there are insider jokes about actors and Hollywood. I know that you guys were tangentially involved ij that.

Guest actors are a nice surprise. I was disappointed when it came to an end. They have renewed it for a second season.

Ozark is up next on my list.

Man in the High Castle was too dark foe me.

Thread Information