Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

I finished binge watched ng The Americans. I didnt like the show much when I started watching a few years ago. Then I oicked up season 2,it was better, and went into season 3. Then I was hooked.

The pilot is weak and most of the first season is about the main characters chasing and shooting down Americans or fellow spies turned bad. And wigs. A lot of wigs. But then, it gets interesting as the social relationships are developed more.

Near the end
    I liked the stories of the
    Russians as well as the “Americans”

I love British shows. Especially the ones set in different time periods. I'm watcing the Indian Doctor on HULU and really enjoying it. I notice it is also on YouTube. I remember watching Doc Martin before it came to PBS and other channels on YouTube. Then they catch on and go to pay stations and that's the only way to watch them because British shows are catching on.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I’m surprised no one mentioned “the batchelor” .My sisters and I love to watch it and talk about how utterly ridiculous it is. Mean girls at their best. And the beautiful sweet professional women who go on that show, what’s up with that? You seriously can’t get a date? And sleep with a guy on national TV knowing there are two other women he is going to sleep,with and compare them to you. Icky.

now we have a lot of the olympics on. DH and I will be watching and they will do a huge segment on an athlete who is the supposed gold medal winner. They are far more likely it seems to fall on the ice or crash the sled once these profiles are done it’s like a curse

but Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinsky are stealing the show. Fabulous, darling.
    I know many women who do like the Bachelor and watch it all the time. I, myself can't stomach those kind of shows.

I have become fascinated by sister wives. I usually don’t watch these types of shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I have become fascinated by sister wives. I usually don’t watch these types of shows.
    I got hooked on the show about the man with 5 wives. It lasted only a season or two, but I liked it better than Goofy Cody ‘n company because—more wives! Prettier wives! Seemingly less sadness and manufactured drama. I found it on Prime.

edited to say: this one is about Brady Williams and he has a real job, he runs a construction company. But still they lack money for their 24 children and zillion bedrooms. Who knew this could be so expensive!!!??? Why did no one tell them???!

I watched that one too. So unlike me. We love the Americans. The

The Kindness diaries! I'm watching it on Netflix. Amazing show that’s made me cry so much lol. Here’s a short description of the series I found online which made me want to watch it:

Follow the inspirational journey of a former stockbroker who leaves his unfulfilling desk job in search of a meaningful life. He sets out from Los Angeles on a vintage motorbike, determined to circumnavigate the globe surviving only on the kindness of strangers. Incredibly, he makes his way across the U.S., through Europe, India, Cambodia, and Vietnam, and finally to Canada and back to the Hollywood sign, by asking strangers for shelter, food, and gas. Again and again, he’s won over by the generosity of humanity, from the homeless man who shares his blanket to the poor farmer who helps him with his broken down bike, and the HIV-positive mother who takes him in and feeds him. At each stop, he finds a way to give back to these unsuspecting Good Samaritans in life-changing ways, by rebuilding their homes, paying for their schooling, and leaving behind gifts big and small. The Kindness Diaries will introduce you to a world of adventure, renew your faith in the bonds that connect people, and inspire you to accept and generate kindness in your own life.

Quote Originally Posted by simpleisbest View Post
    The Kindness diaries! I'm watching it on Netflix. Amazing show that’s made me cry so much lol. Here’s a short description of the series I found online which made me want to watch it:

Follow the inspirational journey of a former stockbroker who leaves his unfulfilling desk job in search of a meaningful life. He sets out from Los Angeles on a vintage motorbike, determined to circumnavigate the globe surviving only on the kindness of strangers. Incredibly, he makes his way across the U.S., through Europe, India, Cambodia, and Vietnam, and finally to Canada and back to the Hollywood sign, by asking strangers for shelter, food, and gas. Again and again, he’s won over by the generosity of humanity, from the homeless man who shares his blanket to the poor farmer who helps him with his broken down bike, and the HIV-positive mother who takes him in and feeds him. At each stop, he finds a way to give back to these unsuspecting Good Samaritans in life-changing ways, by rebuilding their homes, paying for their schooling, and leaving behind gifts big and small. The Kindness Diaries will introduce you to a world of adventure, renew your faith in the bonds that connect people, and inspire you to accept and generate kindness in your own life.
    Wow, that looks awesome! I'm going to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Ditto. There's a book, too. I just sent it to a friend!

Yppej
    Long Lost Family.

Thread Information