Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

I started watching The Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin last week. I'm enjoying it very much. Comedy, sadness, an insight into crazy Hollywood. I think Alan Arkin is especially good.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I got sucked into this series "Designated Survivor." It starts off well and, like a lot of series, goes downhill. All cliffhangers, weirdly addictive.

Kiefer Sutherland is very appealing, and Michael J. Fox has a great role in several episodes - clearly suffering from Parkinson's but putting in a strong performance.

Been watching Dr. Who via Amazon (first time using them for shows). Saw Battlefield Royale the other day and thought it was interesting the different take on people and reacting to unemployment rates. (BR 15%, DW, 90%)

I like Kominsky Method too.

In all of the junk available thru Amazon Prime, there are jewels, small productions that dont get a lot of promotion or widespread critical love.

One of these is Tig Notaro’s “One Mississippi” about Tig returning to her home town in one of the Bays in Mississippi after her mother has died. It is strongly autobiographical. It is wryly funny, a dramady. I like productions with this kind of tone.She is a low key performer, from the comedy school of “observer of life.” If you liked the British production “Detectorists” you might like this.

The new season of Who Do You Think You Are? on TLC.

Yppej
    90 Day Fiance, which shows the challenges of green card marriages. Also Love After Lockup.

Now I feel pretty good about being alone!

Geila
    Travelers and The Great Interior Design Challenge on Netflix. The design show is British and it's refreshing to see the amateur designers tackle everyday rooms (which are pretty small compared to American standards) on a tight budget, usually 1,000 pounds (how do you write that in symbol form?). The Rookie, FBI and The Good Doctor on network tv. Sometimes the Magnum P.I. remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Travelers and The Great Interior Design Challenge on Netflix. The design show is British and it's refreshing to see the amateur designers tackle everyday rooms (which are pretty small compared to American standards) on a tight budget, usually 1,000 pounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    (how do you write that in symbol form?).
    £ ….Hold down your Alt key and press 0163.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Geila
    £1,000

Thanks!

Thread Information