Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

I find 2 of this year's new comedies fun: Carol's 2nd Act and Bob hearts Abishola.

I record: The Big Interview with Dan Rather, Classic Albums, NCIS, The Voice.

Just finished Season 1 of Mrs. Maisel. I like the sets and wardrobes.

Amazon’s Ted Bundy:Falling for a Killer is juicy with newly revealed Ted tidbits. His long time girlfriend, the one with a child (not his kid) is interviewed theought the 4 part docu series. So is her daughter.

The daughter had a good relationship with Ted, she liked him because he paid her lots of attention and played with her. Taught her to ride a bike.

She has several interesting things to say about Ted, but I found this especially fascinating: she said he was very athletic in the way his reflexes worked and in his way of existing in the world. As child she noticed he could see things out of the corner of his eye, observe people and things around him closely; he tightly focused on those things. His reactions to anything were extremely quick when needed, but he could be also deathly still when needed.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-22-20 at 9:55am.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Amazon’s Ted Bindy:Falling for a Killer is juicy with newly revealed Ted tidbits. His long time girlfriend, the one with a child (not his kid) is interviewed theought the 4 part docu series. So is her daughter.

The daughter had a good relationship with Ted, she liked him because he paid her lots of attention and played with her. Taught her to ride a bike.

She has several interesting things to say about Ted, but I found this especially fascinating: she said he was very athletic in the way his reflexes worked and in his way of existing in the world. As child she noticed he could see things out of the corner of his eye, observe people and things around him closely; we tightly focused on those things. His reactions to anything were extremely quick when needed, but he could be also deathly still when needed.
    I'll have to watch that. A friend of an acquaintance of mine was likely one of his early victims, bludgeoned to death in Seattle. He was definitely on our radar as young women with long dark hair in the PNW in those days.

I watched the first season of Big Little Lies and liked seeing the powerhouse female cast and enjoyed the show. I started to watch season 2 but it felt disjointed and slow so skipped it. But I liked the writer's character development enough to buy one of her other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    I watched the first season of Big Little Lies and liked seeing the powerhouse female cast and enjoyed the show. I started to watch season 2 but it felt disjointed and slow so skipped it. But I liked the writer's character development enough to buy one of her other books.
    I think Big Little Lies (which I binged watched. Both seasons! ) is big on style and low on quality content.

I read a couple of Lianne Moriarty’s books and I find them mediocre, they are kind of junky. I read the one about the toddler who drowned, and the one about.... hmmm. Wait—I watched The Slap rather than read it. The Australian production of The Slap was pretty decent but the American version was poor from what reviewers said.

She seems to have a formula, as in something happens within a social group and the entire work shows everyone’s reaction to That One Thing.

I've been watching The Stranger, the British series. It reminds me of the first season of Broadchurch, which I thought was great.
    Similar to Big Little Lies the who done it lots of suspects cant trust anyone thing.

I think I watched The Stranger and it went in one ear and out the other. I remember thinking at the end of it why did I watch this?

Agree that Broadchurch S. 1 was quality tv.

I binge watched Better Call Saul fourth season. Vince Gilligan’s style is getting on my nerves.

I need to step away from TV for a while, I’m expecting too much. Maybe I will just watch Succession for the 4th time. Brilliant in every regard. I’m gonna have to wait a long time for another season of Succession, sadz,

I have never seen Succession so it looks like i am in for something good!

I started Designated Survivor because it was a catchy idea; spooky and plausible. It started getting weird pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I have never seen Succession so it looks like i am in for something good!

I started Designated Survivor because it was a catchy idea; spooky and plausible. It started getting weird pretty fast.
    I will say this about Succession: if you need to like your main characters, this is not the show for you

Thread Information