Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Just started watching "Man with a Plan" on Netflix. Short 20 minute episodes that I find humorous. Light... good for these stressful times!

Did a binge watching of "The Queen's Gambit" on Netflix. Who knew seven hours of chess matches could be so entertaining?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Did a binge watching of "The Queen's Gambit" on Netflix. Who knew seven hours of chess matches could be so entertaining?
    This is the best dramatic series of 2020!

Enola Holmes is kind of fun.

Yppej
    I have been watching Love After Lockup which has continued filming during the pandemic. In this week's episode a Virginia Beach couple go for an ultrasound. The technician takes off her mask so the couple can better understand what she is saying. I have noticed this in real life as people struggle to be heard whether on a cell phone or face to face, though supposedly when you speak you are at greater risk of spreading the virus.

In Las Vegas another couple hosted a big 30th birthday party, no masks or social distancing. In upstate New York a third couple hosted a big first birthday party for their daughter, no masks or social distancing. (A friend of my brother's visited Massachusetts from upstate NY earlier this fall and was surprised everyone was wearing masks.)

Also filming during the pandemic is 90 Day Fiance The Other Way with mention of pandemic fears in South Korea and India but minimal mask wearing, and no masks in sight in the episodes in Colombia, Jordan, Mexico, and Nigeria.

It's like Prohibition. You can prohibit something and sometimes control it in public, but in private people are going to do what they're going to do, even if they're going to be on TV.

As I've posted previously, we do not have an antenna, or cable or any paid streaming services, but I have been trying to keep up with NCIS, Young Sheldon, The Neighborhood, and The Conners. All this mainly through the online network websites - before they lock the episodes.

I have to say... we are going into year 2-3 of no cable or streaming services and I'm finding plenty of things to watch! I love "free". LOL
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Watched most of Season 4 of The Crown on Netflix these past 2 weekends. This season takes place in the 1980s so I find myself saying, "Oh, I remember that!" quite often.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I liked that one very much too, and I barely know a bishop from a pawn. I've heard that sales on chess sets have been bustling because of the series, and maybe because everyone is stuck indoors.

The Crown and The Undoing.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    The Crown and The Undoing.
    I finished The Crown and thought it was better than season three. But then, I have a girl crush on Gillian Anderson. I love her so much. I guess the actress who played Diana, Princess of Wales, was OK at it. Anyone who is tall and fair skinned can be made up into that I suppose. It’s all about the clothes and haircut.

I’m not fond of the way the actor who plays Charles Prince of Wales hunches over. I always think of prince Charles as having good posture so I don’t understand why he’s bending. I like the actress who plays Camila. She is cute and makes Camilla seem appealing.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-23-20 at 6:56pm.

Thread Information