Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I’m surprised no one mentioned “the batchelor” .My sisters and I love to watch it and talk about how utterly ridiculous it is. Mean girls at their best. And the beautiful sweet professional women who go on that show, what’s up with that? You seriously can’t get a date? And sleep with a guy on national TV knowing there are two other women he is going to sleep,with and compare them to you. Icky.

now we have a lot of the olympics on. DH and I will be watching and they will do a huge segment on an athlete who is the supposed gold medal winner. They are far more likely it seems to fall on the ice or crash the sled once these profiles are done it’s like a curse

but Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinsky are stealing the show. Fabulous, darling.

Babylon Berlin on Netflix. The Tick on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Is there a new PR All stars? Here is how addicted I am to PR, I actually pirchased the entire recent series, $24.00. DH queries what that charge was on my Credit card bill and when I told him, he was disgusted. He can go eat a rock, I need my PR fix.

There are places to watch it for free but you have to endure too many commercials.
    I'm with you! In fact, I didn't know about the All Stars. I'm off to program my DVR!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I have not had time to watch much TV lately, and even before I started working these long hours for the Season I was not much of a TV viewer. I have been watching Vorstadtweiber on youtube - it's an Austrian soap opera filmed and set in Vienna and it's amazing as this soap opera has broken some taboos in Austrian society - one of the main characters is a gay man and there has been a great deal of coverage of his love life during Austrian Prime Time......utterly amazing to anyone who is familiar with how Austrian society operates. It's been a real treat for me to watch this when I can....and not just for the gay content but because this show stoops even lower than much US programming does and serves as a little bit of a mirror as to what Austrian society has come to.....though to be fair this show is also over the top and overdone and not especially realistic. Too much juicy over the top drama coming in constant waves......

I've also been watching clips from Schitt's Creek on youtube - a Canadian show that is wonderful as it is full of dry humor that many people don't understand but I do as my sense of humor is Sahara Desert dry......I've only watched clips but when I have more time I hope to find a DVD set of this show cheap on ebay or amazon or somewhere else. Rob

PS - Vorstadtweiber translates to Suburban Women. This show is set in a fictional suburb of Vienna and is a satire of the Austrian upper class in the capital.

At first, I really liked "The Good Doctor", but it's getting pretty ridiculous. The things the surgeons do on there are just silly. I guess I feel like it's run its course.

Yppej
    Roseanne. It reminds me of All in the Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Roseanne. It reminds me of All in the Family.
    Doesn't it remind you more of the 1st Roseanne?

We never watch sitcoms, mainly because DH hates them, but HE was the one to point out to me what a hit this new Roseanne is, so I watched it, and I think it's great--it maintained its relevancy and it's overall tone.

I'm watching the sped-up versions of both American Idol and DWTS. I like the faster format, although I liked the longer format, too. I wonder if producers saw ratings fall as the later seasons went on--as with everything else today, the culture of distraction has probably hit TV watching as well. "Let's find out who wins as fast as humanly possible!"
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    My 600 Pound Life, to keep myself motivated to stay on my diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    My 600 Pound Life, to keep myself motivated to stay on my diet.
    Jeppy, could we go off in a corner and talk, I mean REALLY talk, about M600LbL? It is my guilty pleasure. i have serious addiction to it. I watched many many eps for free when they were loaded (illegally) on Youtube, and then when those were removed, I actually paid for seasons. Dear god strike me dead now for being so lowbrow.

So many hate watches there! james K! steven Asanti! Penny who thinks she might be bulemic at 700 lbs!

Yppej
    I have not seen all the episodes, maybe a dozen or so, so I would be out of your fan league. But I am watching it more often.

Every person has some trauma that led to the obesity. It has made me feel more compassionate towards the overweight. Plus these are folks who want help. They aren't describing themselves as incredibly good looking, they are humble.

Thread Information