Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Narcos Mexico season 3. I've watched the whole narcos series over the few years they've been out. A lot of bloody violence, but nice music and scenery. They are all based on true events. I think it's one of the better binge watching type productions since the golden age of The Wire, Mad Men, and Game of Thrones, but pretty violent. And anxiously awaiting Yellowstone season 4 to be released on Netflix DVD.

I read most of The Wheel of Time book series when I had more interest in that venue and have considered taking my free Prime 30 day trial to see it, but it's not getting many good reviews.

I gave up on the Israeli tv series “Fauda” after the first season. Fauda means “ chaos.” It Is about terrorism and intrigue between the Palestinians and the Israelis. Honestly too many of the men look alike, And the political affiliation of the characters is hard to follow because some are mainstream Palestines and others are terrorist Palestinians and the two factors do not get along.It’s a male-heavy show with only maybe 2-3 female characters. I need more female characters in my dramas to hold my interest.
    The male lead looks a little like Joe Rogan.

This show gets good reviews but it’s not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    ....... And anxiously awaiting Yellowstone season 4 to be released on Netflix DVD.

I read most of The Wheel of Time book series when I had more interest in that venue and have considered taking my free Prime 30 day trial to see it, but it's not getting many good reviews.
    We discovered Yellowstone after season 3 ended and then spent several weeks binging it almost daily. Season 4 is now off to a good start and we enjoy it immensely.

I read all 14 of the Wheel Of Time books about 10 years ago (at an average of 700 to 1000 pages each it took months to complete) and we binge watched the first 3 episodes Friday when they became available on Prime. They've taken a bit of license with the storyline but I've enjoyed what we've seen so far. Brandon Sanderson, who completed the last 3 books in the series after Robert Jordan died, is on board as a Producer so I'm thinking it will stay mostly true to the books. Looking forward to next Friday when more episodes become available. The story is so immense I think we may be enjoying the series for years to come.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by GL from QC View Post
    Just finished watching the Cowboy Bebop series on Netflix. No spoilers - I didn't really enjoy it... The writing was good, but the casting is off. The actors who played Spike, Vicious, and Julia are good at what they do, but they were either too old for their parts or kind of phoning it in.

In the original anime, Spike and Vicious were both 27. The actors playing them are 49 and 41, respectively. O_o That's less of a young men's love triangle and more of a "fighting crime to avoid mid-life crisis." Also, I have this sneaking suspicion that their costumes supervisor left early on, which is why a couple of characters ended up wearing yellow mops on their heads hahahaha. The actors who played Jet and Faye were spot-on, though.

Been on the fence about watching the live action Bebop, been looking for reviews from people who have seen the original anime. Thanks for posting.

Currently watching the K Drama Search: WWW which focuses on the lives of three women who run the top two web portals in South Korea and the highly competitive world of search engines.

The Brokenwood Mysteries on Acorn.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

So we just finished Season 1 of Billions, and we're still into it. Great weekend to do a little binge-watching.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    There is a free HBO preview on Verizon today so I am watching Curb Your Enthusiasm. I can relate to Larry, who focuses on details to the annoyance of others, but who is almost always right when it comes to things.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is a great show. Terrific comedic insight on human relationships.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I love Larry and Curb. Always the same schtick, never gets old.

Is there anyone in entertainment scarier than Suzy? Maybe Godzilla?

I guess in real life Larry David is an extremely nice guy who is solicitous about the comfort of his colleagues on set. He and SuzY get along well in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I love Larry and Curb. Always the same schtick, never gets old.

Is there anyone in entertainment scarier than Suzy? Maybe Godzilla?

I guess in real life Larry David is an extremely nice guy who is solicitous about the comfort of his colleagues on set. He and SuzY get along well in real life.
    Fun fact: It was revealed on Henry Louis Gates' Finding Your Roots that Larry David is related to Bernie Sanders.

Thread Information