Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    As I said, it was on PBS, Masterpiece Theater specifically. It was a one-off, not a series. It was about a woman (Jackson) living with dementia who believes her friend Elizabeth is missing. The story is intertwined with her memories of a missing sister.
    oh sorry, I difnt see pbs. I will watch for this. This is the sort of thing I like.

Watched Bridgerton on Netflix this last week. I enjoyed it.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I've been watching Feed Phil episodes on Netflix. He makes me laugh out loud.

I started watching The Lie. Has anyone else watched it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I started watching The Lie. Has anyone else watched it?
    Oh haha, yes! Makes me glad not to have a teenager!

No spoilers! It was a good little piece of fluff.

I need to add: the length these parents go to to protect their darling little daughter, amazing to watch.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 1-12-21 at 11:51am.

KayLR I ,too,found Elizabeth is Missing fascinating. It was sad and brought back lots of memories of my mom...

We just finished watching The Black Godfather on Netflix. About the life and influence of Clarence Avant. What a fascinating guy.

Pieces of a Woman.

This is a theatrical release, so my mention probably should go on our film review board, but I saw it streaming on Netflix so it gets fuzzy in my mind whether it’s television or film. Vanessa Kirby does a wonderful job in this story about a homebirth gone bad. I’m sure the subject matter is triggering for some people so beware.

Vanessa Kirby played Princess Margaret in Seasons 1 and 2 of The Crown. She was luminous in that, and nearly upstaged Claire Foy which is not easy to do. Kirby will likely be nominated for an Oscar. She is in nearly every frame of this film and she owns it.

The plot and casting have some problems that require suspension of disbelief. It is an auto biographical film.Tragic and beautiful in showing her growth.

Yppej
    From time to time I catch Impractical Jokers. In one episode a joker has to try to cut in lines and is repeatedly stopped and shamed, though one time he gets to the front of the line undeservedly.

ETA the line was for something like theater tickets, nothing lifesaving, and no one was harmed in the filming of the episode.

We watched Season 13 of Heartland, our favorite show, but that ran out pretty quickly.

Last night we watched The Departed and DH woke up with panic attacks, so we're looking for something soothing where we don't have to pay 15 dollars a month extra.

Thread Information