Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by hana View Post
    Watching a lot of Korean dramas, currently watching My Country: The New Age on Netflix. A historical drama where childhood friends the illegitimate son of a magistrate and the son of a disgraced hero end up on opposing sides. Recently finished Kingdom which is zombies in 17th century Korea based on a graphic novel. For something lighter try Bring it on! Ghosts, a comedy/horror involving a college student that earns money exorcising ghosts.
    We used to have a tv channel that would show a *modern* Korean drama every night M-F and then show a historical drama on the weekend. My first and favorite is The Infamous Chil Sisters, but I think it has been renamed. I should look some up. Thanks for the reminder.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’m watching Schitt’s Creek which is appropriate for our current pandemic since in it the Rose family escaped their rich life in the big city for a simple country place to ride out their poverty. In their minds they are socially isolated from everyone and anything that counts.

It is funny. It took a little bit of time to get into it, but like every good comedy it creates its own world and you have to plunge into that world.
    Sounds up my alley. If I can talk my DH and DS into trying it out, I will.

My NJ son just told me about a documentary that was made in Australia in 2005. I think this is it: The Coming Pandemic. He said it's an amazing forecast of what's happening right now.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    Extreme Cheapskates.

Y, I have watched that show a few times but some of the things people did to save money was disgusting.

I just discovered Ovation on comcast and they have Miss Fisher, Frankie Drake and Murdoch Mysteries on demand.I was so excited..I watch two Murdoch's last night.

Watching Unorthodox on Hulu about a young NYC Jewish girl who "escapes" from her Orthodox clan. I was not familiar with some of their practices so it is all very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Watching Unorthodox on Hulu about a young NYC Jewish girl who "escapes" from her Orthodox clan. I was not familiar with some of their practices so it is all very interesting.
    i watched that recently. It was ok, not great, but ok.Honestly, I was extremely distracted over and over by the extreme delicacy and petiteness of the lead actress. I thought she was too too. 2” and 20 lbs on her would have brought her into a more normal range.

Devs on Hulu - pretty good judging from the first episode

We dropped cable tv a while ago and we don't have any paid subscriptions. Found out yesterday that the cable company has "unlocked" a bunch of channels for free now. Watched a couple movies and even have CNN and a few other news stations available to... skipped over - lol.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Happystuff I also have some temporarily unlocked channels and watched the pilot of "Shameless" on Showtime.

Thread Information