Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Say I Do on Netflix. Like Queer Eye for weddings.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I watched 1 epIsode of Say I Do, but it takes them too long to get to the meat: dress and reception decor. I fast forwarded thru a couple of other episodes.

I finally watched Abducted in Plain Sight. Good god.

In the sports genre, I especially enjoy college women's volleyball.

I will watch historical documentaries. Most recently I was into Genghis Khan. On Youtube "History Guy" is reliable.

I love Stephen Colbert and John Oliver for satire that is ever-fresh.

Yppej
    Dado have you read Genghis Khan and the Making of the Western World? I just started it.

Yppej
    Rob this season of 90 Day Fiance includes an American man moving to Mexico to be with his same sex partner. It is early in the season but already the homophobia in Mexico compared to the US stands out. If you still have dreams of retiring south of the border you might want to check this show out.

I mentioned this a couple posts ago but now I have to drill down to focus on it:

Did anyone watch Abducted in Plain Sight? It’s about a pedophile who gets close to a family in order to get close to their daughter. The behavior of the parents is astonishing, absolutely WTF.

When I first heard about this I wasn’t going to watch it because I figured it was about meth addicted parents in trailer courts, but no.Middle class businessmen in brick ranch houses in any town USA are main characters.

it’s on Netflix. Come on somebody watch this so we can talk about it. I’ve already talked about it with my TV watching friend but I still go around in my head trying to make sense of it. !!How can parents be so !!???– – – – fill in the blank.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I mentioned this a couple posts ago but now I have to drill down to focus on it:

Did anyone watch Abducted in Plain Sight? It’s about a pedophile who gets close to a family in order to get close to their daughter. The behavior of the parents is astonishing, absolutely WTF.

When I first heard about this I wasn’t going to watch it because I figured it was about meth addicted parents in trailer courts, but no.Middle class businessmen in brick ranch houses in any town USA are main characters.

it’s on Netflix. Come on somebody watch this so we can talk about it. I’ve already talked about it with my TV watching friend but I still go around in my head trying to make sense of it. !!How can parents be so !!???– – – – fill in the blank.
    here you go, IL:
    https://podtail.com/podcast/true-crime-obsessed/episode-67-abducted-in-plain-sight/

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    here you go, IL:
    https://podtail.com/podcast/true-crime-obsessed/episode-67-abducted-in-plain-sight/

Enjoy
    Ha ha OK thanks! I perused Reddit threads about the show but now I have to listen to this podcast.

I was thrilled to see yesterday‘s announcement from Netflix that they have a production of the Queens Gambit based on one of my favorite novels by Walter Tevis. Tevis wrote popular- type novels that are easily accessible with interesting characters And that are easy to film. The Man Who Fell to Earth is one. The Color of Money and The Hustler are others.

I’m binge watching the Queens Gambit and it’s very nicely done. True to the story. Unfolding just like I remembered it even though it’s been decades since I read that book.The period sets and costuming are an added bonus. They are perfection.

I like books about competitions and those who compete in them.

I used to work with a woman whose 2nd husband married her to get to her daughter. What a mess that was.

Thread Information