Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

None. We havenít had a tv for some time!

Geila, I really enjoyed the scenery in Big Little Lies too because it reminded me of the beaches where I was born, very cool.
    I thought Season 1 was spectactular television but haven't seen Season 2 because I had to watch it when I was visiting my son; we don't get whatever it was on.
    I went out and read the book too, but in this case thought the series was better because you had more room to watch these big personalities unfold, with so much good acting. I also thought the abuse storyline was really insightful.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Geila, I really enjoyed the scenery in Big Little Lies too because it reminded me of the beaches where I was born, very cool.
    I thought Season 1 was spectactular television but haven't seen Season 2 because I had to watch it when I was visiting my son; we don't get whatever it was on.
    I went out and read the book too, but in this case thought the series was better because you had more room to watch these big personalities unfold, with so much good acting. I also thought the abuse storyline was really insightful.
    I think we have the same taste in shows. Was it you who liked Enlightened as much as I did? I agree about book vs. movie. I've never found one where I liked both versions, it's always either/or. Harry Potter = book!, Fried Green Tomatoes = movie!, Inkheart = movie! If you try The Husband's Secret I'd love you hear what you think of it. I was debating reading Big Little Lies and I thought that it would be tough to stick with it because I would already know everything and the suspense would be gone. But I was very tempted to try.

Yes--I am the one who thought Enlightened was brilliant! Laura Dern did a phenomenal job, and it was such an intelligent show.
    I will look for The Husband's Secret.

Watching Dexter. Somehow this has been on my list forever and I've never seen it, there are so many episodes and so far, shivery delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    None. We haven’t had a tv for some time!
    Doesn't mean you couldn't watch on your computer. I did that for a long time.

Ozark…. so tense this season.

Watching a lot of Korean dramas, currently watching My Country: The New Age on Netflix. A historical drama where childhood friends the illegitimate son of a magistrate and the son of a disgraced hero end up on opposing sides. Recently finished Kingdom which is zombies in 17th century Korea based on a graphic novel. For something lighter try Bring it on! Ghosts, a comedy/horror involving a college student that earns money exorcising ghosts.

I’m watching Schitt’s Creek which is appropriate for our current pandemic since in it the Rose family escaped their rich life in the big city for a simple country place to ride out their poverty. In their minds they are socially isolated from everyone and anything that counts.

It is funny. It took a little bit of time to get into it, but like every good comedy it creates its own world and you have to plunge into that world.

Quote Originally Posted by hana View Post
    Watching a lot of Korean dramas, currently watching My Country: The New Age on Netflix. A historical drama where childhood friends the illegitimate son of a magistrate and the son of a disgraced hero end up on opposing sides. Recently finished Kingdom which is zombies in 17th century Korea based on a graphic novel. For something lighter try Bring it on! Ghosts, a comedy/horror involving a college student that earns money exorcising ghosts.
    Did you see the film Burning? It is highly rated.

Thread Information