Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

The King: Eternal Monarch, a Kdrama where the king of the Kingdom of Corea crosses into a parallel world and finds himself in our world. He meets a detective who he swears saved his life as a child and she thinks he's mentally ill. Then things start to happen that convince her that maybe he's right. Fights, romance, intrigue, and court politics.

Body Cam. Go ahead, judge me.

I am watching Imposters on Netflix, a fun little tv series about con artists and the complex web they weave. It isn’t a serious drama.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 1-17-22 at 2:24pm.

Hana we have been watching a bunch of Kdrama. I loved My Country, The Crowned Clown and Mr. Sunshine.

A couple of times a week of a while now I've been watching an episode of The Honeymooners from the 50's. Utube seems to have all of them to watch without commercials. There's something to be said for some of the early shows filmed before a live audience, more like a theater play than a video production. The humor is simple and it's probably take it or leave it, but the central setting must be one of the very early tiny homes. One room with a real ice box, a sink, stove, table, dresser, and a hint of a bedroom you never see. In spite of their routine money crisis and Ralph's get rich quick schemes they are a happy couple in their own way. And they have their friends, Norton and Trixie. I suppose at the time there were people living in much smaller spaces like that.

I started watching The Fall on PBS WETA UK. It's about a serial killer and started more as a detective, mystery but now they are focusing too much on the murder and he is such a sick, evil, creepy soul I stopped watching it. I am not good with seeing evil.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    I started watching The Fall on PBS WETA UK. It's about a serial killer and started more as a detective, mystery but now they are focusing too much on the murder and he is such a sick, evil, creepy soul I stopped watching it. I am not good with seeing evil.
    I considered The Fall probably to be the best murder show of recent years, and that’s across the spectrum of European, United States, and UK productions. Gillian Anderson is a marvel. The guy who played the murderer was really good in that role. I think he went onto star in those ridiculous Shades of Grey films

I actually liked the fact that they showed his motivation and internal conflicts and the fact that he was a family man. All the roles were fleshed out to an interesting degree.

I agree Iris that it is very well done. I just cannot get past the horror.

Anyone watching Vienna Blood on Masterpiece? Thoughts?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information