Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Man in the High Castle was too dark foe me.
    It is very dark, but the premise is really interesting and keeps me interested and wondering.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    It is very dark, but the premise is really interesting and keeps me interested and wondering.
    The premise IS interesting. It is based on an old sci fi/fantasy novel.

The credits on that show are mesmerizing.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

The credits on that show are mesmerizing.
    What do you mean? The actors? I hadn't realized until recently that so many of them are Brits.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    What do you mean? The actors? I hadn't realized until recently that so many of them are Brits.
    No
    I mean the opening video for every episode, what is that called? Not credits? Is it called The Title? There are awards for those, just cant think of the name.

re the Brits— it is amusing to me to see Ruth Wilson and her screen lover Dominic West from The Affair, now each one starring in their own masterpiece show. They are both British.

I stopped watching The Affair somewhere at the end of season two or beginning of season three. It just got to ne so stupid. But I certainly did like season one a lot.

I often peter out in shows somewhere around the third season.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 4-23-19 at 8:43am.

I'm rewatching Game of Thrones from the beginning, while watching the episode-by-episode new (and final) season.

It is apparent to me they could have skipped 4-5 seasons easily.

I looked up the term I was seeking: opening credits are called title Sequences.

There are some stunning title Sequences out there. The Crown, Man in the High Castle, Westworld, Season 1 of True Detective come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I'm rewatching Game of Thrones from the beginning, while watching the episode-by-episode new (and final) season.

It is apparent to me they could have skipped 4-5 seasons easily.
    Yes. If only Deadwood had run that long.

One of the aspects of that show I won’t miss are the hordes of explicators and critics following in it’s wake. Self-appointed experts wanting to correct the show’s take on quasi medieval warfare or the physics of anti-dragon ordnance. People detecting feminist or anti-feminist messages. Climate change allegorists. Any number of political interpretations. I hear there is now a petition to change the ending.

What is wrong with simply enjoying make-believe sex and violence for it’s own sake?

I just discovered “my crazy ex-girlfriend” on Netflix. So entertaining. It reminds me of “the last man on earth” in its focus on the mundane, predictable, and dramatic. I love it.

I'm thinking of starting a thread called, "Shows I watch only when hubs is asleep on the couch."

Anyone watch "Loudermilk?" I'm wondering if I'm the only person who likes it.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I enjoy the Voice. Perhaps the musician in me.....Its always sad for me when the season ends.

NCIS and NCIS LA always hold my interest.

And I recently started watching Dan Rather's show on AXS. The Big Interview.

Thread Information