Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I have not seen all the episodes, maybe a dozen or so, so I would be out of your fan league. But I am watching it more often.

Every person has some trauma that led to the obesity. It has made me feel more compassionate towards the overweight. Plus these are folks who want help. They aren't describing themselves as incredibly good looking, they are humble.
    i think the producters do a decent job in showing sympathetic characters more often than hate watches. Probably it is a ratio of 10 sympathetic characters to 1 hate watch. But it is all in the editing anyway, they tell the story they wish to tell via editing.

I've been watching The Wonderland Murders on Investigation Discovery. So far, they've covered murders committed in Portland; don't know if they're planning to branch out. It's composed of interviews with people involved, and reenactments. I think it's very well done, and it features one of my favorite narrators, Christopher Crutchfield Walker, who also narrates Disappeared, another favorite.

I thought Fargo, season 3 was great. Many not as good as the first two, the same bleak and small town setting, but a new and different story about the struggle between good and evil. Classic Cohen dark humor which I suppose is not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I thought Fargo, season 3 was great. Many not as good as the first two, the same bleak and small town setting, but a new and different story about the struggle between good and evil. Classic Cohen dark humor which I suppose is not for everyone.
    We are watchng that right now, have finished the first episode. We got the dvd from the Hermann library.

A Spanish series on Netflix called The Grand Hotel. From 2011 and it moves so fast you better not get up to go to the bathroom or you'll miss something.

I only watch occasional (less than a handful of shows) besides baseball games and tennis matches: The Great British Baking Show (OPB), Barnwood Builders (love those guys, so corny), and "black-ish." Love Traci Ellis Ross on there.
    Last edited by KayLR; 7-16-18 at 5:16pm. Reason: typo
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Endeavour, a murder mystery series on Masterpiece set in 1960s England.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endeavour_(TV_series)

Also watching Dr. Blake, a murder mystery series set in 1950s Australia.

Does YouTube count? I read Carol Bowman's two books years ago, and just discovered her video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYkwguBK8EA

She's done extensive research into children's past lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Endeavour, a murder mystery series on Masterpiece set in 1960s England.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endeavour_(TV_series)

Also watching Dr. Blake, a murder mystery series set in 1950s Australia.
    I've been catching up on Endeavour. I got the first two series on DVD from the library and now they are all on Amazon. It's now in Series 5, some of which can be streamed from the PBS website.

It's a prequel to the Inspector Morse series--better, I think. There were also a half dozen series done on Inspector Lewis (also on Amazon), who was Morse's sergeant. All very watchable.

I like those British mysteries. Endeavor, Tennison, DCI Banks. An Inspector Calls (movie) was very good too.

Thread Information