Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Both of us loving the show was something we had in common--we would watch it together when that was about all he could manage, sitting in a rocker and watching tv, right before he was taken into assisted living.
    That is so nice! What a great memory.

Interesting timing on this as I just found out today that one of my niece's dh works for NSA.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Where can you watch Only Murders in the Building?

Happy, I love NCIS. I used to watch it with my dad, who used to be NIS. He loved that show.
    It is on HULU

Past episodes of The Mystery of Skinwalker Ranch--one of those series wherein nothing much ever happens.

I wasn't sure where to put this, but it was a 10-part series so it seems more like a TV show than a movie, even though I watched it on my laptop, lol. Has anyone else watched "Maid" on Netflix? I had read the book and thought they did a really great job with the series, although they did take quite a bit of poetic license with the story line.

I'm on a 30 Rock kick. I worked at 30 Rock between 1974-1978 and loved it, so it probably has a deeply personal draw for me, but I also think Tina Fey is a comedic genius. DH hates sitcoms, so I've been sneaking in episodes when he's in his workshop.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I’m not the greatest fan of PBS “Nature” when they get into the David Attenborough mode But the most recent, “My Garden of a Thousand Bees” I thought pretty excellent. The story is of an Englishman photographer who is stuck at home during the lockdown and studies the bees in his garden. Not your usual nature bee show and a great photography story. It’s streaming for free now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I’m not the greatest fan of PBS “Nature” when they get into the David Attenborough mode But the most recent, “My Garden of a Thousand Bees” I thought pretty excellent. The story is of an Englishman photographer who is stuck at home during the lockdown and studies the bees in his garden. Not your usual nature bee show and a great photography story. It’s streaming for free now.
    As I seem to also be growing a love for bees (and even their less friendly cousins the wasps) these days, I'm definitely going to watch. Thanks for the suggestion!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

I was also blown away by the PBS Bee show. It got DH interested enough to set up his camera near a nesting site in our backyard. Unfortunately, we think the little guys are wasps and not bees.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I was also blown away by the PBS Bee show. It got DH interested enough to set up his camera near a nesting site in our backyard. Unfortunately, we think the little guys are wasps and not bees.
    Yeah, that's what happened to us. We thought they were bees, and they were wasps/yellow jackets. But they never bothered me or DH. And in return for the free rent we gave them, they took care of all the flies. We never had one fly in the house all summer.

I just listened to a Permaculture Podcast interview with Vicki Hird, author of Rebugging the Planet. Definitely going on my list to Santa.
    https://www.chelseagreen.com/product...ng-the-planet/

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I wasn't sure where to put this, but it was a 10-part series so it seems more like a TV show than a movie, even though I watched it on my laptop, lol. Has anyone else watched "Maid" on Netflix? I had read the book and thought they did a really great job with the series, although they did take quite a bit of poetic license with the story line.

I watched it. It reminded me of a cross between book/movie The Glass Castle and the book Nickeled and Dimed. Towards in the last episode, Andie Mc Dowell's character, when she is living in her El Camino, shows her wearing a cardigan sweater . I have the exact same one that I have had forever. I think I got it at J Jill. I had not watched the movie yet. I was wearing it and I had a stranger come up and ask me where I got it and told me about the movie.

Thread Information