Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Larry Nassar's sentence handed out today.....

bae......I don't think any of us said anything negative or discounting about the girls that he abused. What he did was unforgivable. Expecting a judge to remain professional is not expecting too much.

There are people who would be unhappy about anything the judge had done. Case of damned if you do and if you don't. Too professional = uncaring. Too much caring = reality star.

OMG, he pled guilty and then he tried to blame everyone after pleading guilty by writing a 6 page single spaced plea for "understanding" to the judge.

To the pain....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    There are people who would be unhappy about anything the judge had done. Case of damned if you do and if you don't. Too professional = uncaring. Too much caring = reality star.

OMG, he pled guilty and then he tried to blame everyone after pleading guilty by writing a 6 page single spaced plea for "understanding" to the judge.
    Personally, I'd be more likely to agree with other posters here regarding the judge's behavior......why I don't is due to that six page plea you refer to. Hello.....he wanted it to be about accommodating what he could handle emotionally??? Selfish to the bitter end is my take.

Regardless of my men's rights activism, in this case I actually applaud the judge for letting the victims come forward and personally confront the defendant. There just is no excuse for this behavior, period, and I hope a message is sent to those who would perpetrate similar crimes. I really resent Nassar - as a male he makes my half of the human race look bad. And there is just no excuse whatsoever for his sexual misconduct to put it nicely.....none whatsoever. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    bae......I don't think any of us said anything negative or discounting about the girls that he abused. What he did was unforgivable. Expecting a judge to remain professional is not expecting too much.
    I honestly believe this particular case was so low - the defendant's actions were so horrible - that a judge would have to have been cast out of cast iron to remain 100% professional. I would have questioned a judge that did not display some form of disgust. I understand your point Cathy, and I don't disagree completely with you - but I also believe that I could not have maintained professionalism in this courtroom in any capacity.

I think of the young daughters of some of my neighbors and I just want to throw up that men like Larry Nassar exist. I also want to throw up that men like Larry Nassar feed radical feminist views that all men are potentially like this - men like Larry Nassar make it harder for average everyday men to be part of this society and I resent this very deeply (I resent men like Nassar for this to be clear). Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I didnt watch the judge commenting but I want to have trust in The Legal System that finally brings blatent predators down. A judge who acts like a reality show star doesnt give me an impression that grownups are in charge. Nassar will need a firm hand throughout his life in the judicial system—firm, consistent, and unemotional, like one would treat a biting dog.
    Please don't go into cardiac arrest here IL......I just want to state that this one time, my take is that the legal system did good. This one time, the legal system did right by the victims and what kind of justice can be served was indeed served. And I also agree with your last sentence and it's take on Nassar. Rob

Just came back to add - had I been on a jury for a case like this, this is not something I would auto-vote not guilty for. This would have been a guilty vote from yours truly. Rob

Just got off the phone with some folks in the neighborhood and it seems as if there are those in the 85006 who believe that Trump will pardon Nassar as he did Arpaio..........PLEASE don't ever confuse me as being a supporter of Donald J. Trump. That said, I truly don't believe Trump would be so stupid as to pardon Nassar. Anyone else have any faith that Nassar will remain unpardoned? Rob

I have faith. Nassar can't do anything for Trump.

I can't imagine a circumstance in which there would be a pardon issued by the President for this case.

Thread Information