Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Larry Nassar's sentence handed out today.....

I don't think the judge's comments were out of line--a lot of judges editorialize when issuing sentences.
    At least she didn't blame the victims, let the perp off easy, or make some offensive social commentary.
    Next up, the complicit people who looked the other way. For years.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I don't think the judge's comments were out of line--a lot of judges editorialize when issuing sentences.
    At least she didn't blame the victims, let the perp off easy, or make some offensive social commentary.
    Next up, the complicit people who looked the other way. For years.
    I heard an interview with one of his victims and she said she told her parents and they didn't believe her.

I remembered an NPR story, maybe on This American Life? Where a reporter confronted her gymnastics coach about the sexual abuse she suffered at his hands when she was a child. He didnt own up to it.

When I searched for info on this story I found many such stories, I mean at least 6-8. One oredator killed himself while in prison. Sexual abuse of children is rife in gymnastics. Whoah.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I remembered an NPR story, maybe on This American Life? Where a reporter confronted her gymnastics coach about the sexual abuse she suffered at his hands when she was a child. He didnt own up to it.

When I searched for info on this story I found many such stories, I mean at least 6-8. One oredator killed himself while in prison. Sexual abuse of children is rife in gymnastics. Whoah.
    Sexual abuse of children is rife.

By and large, I think judges should limit themselves to the proper operation of the law, and leave the moralizing to ordained clergy and basic cable comedy shows. Gloating over "signing your death warrant" would seem to detract somewhat from the public perception of the legal system's impartiality.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    By and large, I think judges should limit themselves to the proper operation of the law, and leave the moralizing to ordained clergy and basic cable comedy shows. Gloating over "signing your death warrant" would seem to detract somewhat from the public perception of the legal system's impartiality.
    Well said!

Williamsmith
    This is the same Judge that was a member of the Army National Guard, nicknamed Barraccuda Aquilina, writes crime novels and believes her assignment to the Nassar case was preordained by God. I’m surprised she didn’t get down from the bench and slap Nassar in the face on behalf of the entire human race.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I’m surprised she didn’t get down from the bench and slap Nassar in the face on behalf of the entire human race.
    Maybe if the next election was closer.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Fascinating. A doctor molests 150+ children over *years*, clearly while his supervisors/staff/colleagues enabled the behavior, and the comments are about the judge’s failings....
    Here's a stunner, Bae......I could not agree with you more here, and what's more, I say this as a bit of a men's rights activist. In this case my personal take is that justice was served. I very much see this situation as the other extreme from a false assault claim - this one deserves the maximum penalty that the law allows. The numerous young women involved deserve no less and I wish all of them healing and peace going forward in life. I also give kudos to the judge for her kind and supportive words to the victims - and once again, I say this as a men's rights activist. When a man does something like this - especially to so so so many victims - he deserves the maximum penalty. So I see it anyway. Rob

I fail to see what “men’s rights” have to do with this case.

Thread Information